[SOLVED]Elements 7 >Cubase 7.5 stuff not in comparison chart

Interested in Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

[SOLVED]Elements 7 >Cubase 7.5 stuff not in comparison chart

Postby Larioso » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Looking at doing the upgrade but have two question about full version Cubase 7.5:

#1. Are color customizing any better?
I read Cubase 7 and 7.5 reference but could not see if any improvements.

I cannot see the numbers on quarternotes in main ruler or editor.

Add new ruler tracks works fine due to very light foreground color, then you see numbers.
But that is only in track view then.

#2. Does the new track/multitrack presets in 7.5 allow to save folder tracks and busses in the same preset?
Thinking of full track template available in daws like Sonar X3 and Reaper 4 - where you save everything including inputs prepare to record if you want.

As I understand you can at least save multiout VST instruments now.

But it's a bit halfhearted unless you get foldertracks and busses as well. I always run multiout VSTi to grouptracks in between getting it to mixer.

But really, I don't know if manual just does not mention this or not.

Thanks.
W7 Pro SP1 - Intel i7 - Elements 7.07 x64 - RME HDSP 9632
Larioso

Re: Elements 7 --> Cubase 7.5 - stuff not in comparison char

Postby JMCecil » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Larioso wrote:#2. Does the new track/multitrack presets in 7.5 allow to save folder tracks and busses in the same preset?
Thinking of full track template available in daws like Sonar X3 and Reaper 4 - where you save everything including inputs prepare to record if you want.

no, unfortunately not yet.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby Larioso » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks.

Came to think of another feature - before starting to add stuff to FR Cubase v8 forum:

#3. Is there something close to Dim Solo - as many daws have?
I understand from manual that Control room can create any cue whatsoever- but also more cumbersome.
At least it seems so - reading manual.

Ability to solo a couple of tracks, and the rest attenuated by a certain amount - ready to work as a cue for recording - is really good. You don't have to configure as much before doing more recordings.

Reaper even allows you to assign mouse wheel to control volume of background tracks, so that is becomes right for it's purpose. Other daws have a preferences field for number of dB to dim background.

Thanks again.
Larioso

Postby JMCecil » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:35 pm

there is solo defeat on tracks, but true dim is a control room function. It is not cumbersome. It's actually great. I'm not a fan of the redesign of the control room interface, but the functionality is outstanding. Just need about 12 more cue feeds and we'll be good.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby Larioso » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Cool, thank you. That I missed - it helps.
Larioso

Return to Presales