Where is the KB Preference Files in Detail?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Where is the KB Preference Files in Detail?

Postby alexis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 pm

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... in-detail/

Hi - I think the url above used to open a list of each item in the preference file - description, how to change/store/protect it, etc.

But now, it opens up to a different page than I remember.

And when I enter terms in the KB search dialog, I can't bring it up either.

Can anyone point me to the page I'm thinking of please :lol: ?

Thanks for any help!
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro3; 0.2 Woodlocked
alexis

Re: Where is the KB Preference Files in Detail?

Postby Grim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 pm

If you had just put the word preferences into KB search you would easily have found it.

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... references
i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 7.5.30 x64, Audient iD22, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Postby alexis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 pm

Grim wrote:If you had just put the word preferences into KB search you would easily have found it.

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... references

Actually, I did ... and the generic page came up ...

And - the url in my OP above, which was linked to some generic page at the time I made the post, now works great.

Some kind of change in the last few hours, I guess Steinberg server was having lunch. All good now - thanks, I may n never have gone back to "check again"!
Alexis

- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro3; 0.2 Woodlocked
alexis

Postby alexis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Too bizarre - now, just a few moments later, on the same two different computers everything worked fine on just a few moments ago, Grim's url, mine in the OP, and putting "Preferences" in the KB search engine is routed to ... the same generic page that prompted my OP again ... it's like the target page has changed in the last few moments, and twice in the last few hours? (Sorry for the non-techy language).
Alexis

- And here for MIDI

alexis

Postby alexis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:34 am

Last time posting on this one until I hear back from someone (Steinberg)?

I checked two moments ago, and the links were, glory be, active once again. Learning from experience I *quickly* opened up the detailed KB article, and shot a quick .pdf of it.

One moment later I closed it down, and went to reopen it ... and once more, it was an ex-link, very parrot-like, not opening anything but the generic "empty" page (no KB Preference details at all).

I guess the Steinberg server is acting goofy, either that or all the computers and mobile devices in my house are.

I did notice there was no preference file for the MixConsole in the pages that opened up briefly ... I wonder if it wasn't the most current version of the KB article that opened up?
Alexis

- And here for MIDI

alexis

Postby Grim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:34 pm

You're right....seems like the pages are constantly shifting....as for the most current version, I don't think it's been updated in a few years.
i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 7.5.30 x64, Audient iD22, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Return to Steinberg Lounge