Groove Agent 4 is a DOWNgrade

“Every thing you probably need”? GA4 comes with very few grooves. They must be heavily tweaked to be close to “Everything I ever need”, and if I start on the tweak merry go 'round there is not much use in any factory grooves at all! This kind of software is supposed to help people that do not know drumming first hand to lay down some decent drum tracks. Obviously the more grooves to choose from, the easier it will be to get close to the desired composition. Look how easy Toontrack makes it for EzDrummer to recognize non factory grooves (like Groove Monkee, Odd Grooves and Platinum Samples) in style, tempo and signature. It is world apart from GA4. How anyone can prefer to work in the closed environment of GA4 is beyond me. In fact GA2 and 3 was better as it out of the box gave some genres not commonly found in groove sets. It seems like I need to spend a lot of money on expansions to get GA4 to the level of the old GA2 and 3.

When working with EzDrummer (or Native Instruments) the sync functions are never missed either.