Should Steinberg have the motto of NetFlix?

That of course is a good motto too. I have nothing against copy protection, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the performance of the program…others in the past have claimed so, how valid that is I don’t know :question: I haven’t noticed, my uses are very basic, and don’t hit things very hard I guess.

Honestly I haven’t followed the music industry and the issues as a whole over the years. I have however heard many things over the years. I don’t know if ‘piracy’ is solely to blame for the music industries problems. I CAN say that the PRICE of going to concerts is nearly a cost prohibitive proportions. We were thinking about going to a concert a few weeks ago…at near $200 per ticket, though I could actually afford it without losing my house or anything, but I just said ‘forget THAT crap’ … I have far more important & things of absolute necessity things to spend my money on…so we were concert-less, and the artist has two less audience members. Now had the tickets been like $50.00 each we would have went. Question is, how many OTHERS were of the same mind-set as us? Would the concert have brought in, 5 thousand, 10 thousand more people had the tickets been less expensive? I for one, will not spend $200 per ticket to see damn $#%&@%* JESUS! …if he really existed that is :unamused:

But…according to the interview with Kevin Spacy, he was claiming that at least by NetFlix’s motto, of having a fair price itself is the reason for less piracy, and success of the company. People will pay a super reasonable price, rather than bother stealing it, and I PERSONALLY I fully AGREE! For ourselves, and THIS is the sole reason why the BlockBuster movie rental business has FAILED…BlockBusters motto was … “Give the customer what they want, when they want it, charge a fair price (For US and our BlockBuster company that is!) and if the customer brings back our movies 10 minutes late, we’ll stick it to up right up the stink hole” … “and we’ll also make them pay for our ridiculous expenses!” I know, I’ve done work in a blockBuster building, their lighting control systems alone were over the top complicated and ridiculously expenses. Though we could very well AFFORD to rent a movie at BlockBuster, we REFUSED to rent their movies at some point on principle! Instead we began renting ALL our movies at RedBox, for just $1.00 per movie!!! Wew NEVER have rented SO many movies before in our lives! No need to download/steal movies as such a ridiculously low price…hell it’s not even worth getting on the computer by price comparison! So, before BlockBusters demise (good riddance you MoFo’s) RedBox got ALL our business…and without a single doubt, with RedBoxe’s low, low price I’d have to say that we spent FAR more money overall at RedBox than at BlockBuster, even though BlockBusters rates were MANY times more expensive PER movie!

Now take Steinberg… just HOW LOW would they have to sell their software where people would NOT bother to crack to code, or NOT bother to download a cracked version? I’m betting if their prices were a lot lower, they would sell TENS OF HOUSANDS of more Steinberg software copies, as in my BlockBuster VS RedBox example! But instead, they keep their prices HIGH and have far less actual BUYERS. :bulb:

In my own case, I’m a hobby musician/recordist. I and others I know personally, simply don’t need to spend $500-$600 to upgrade …and I’m talking JUST Cubase…HOWEVER…if the price of say Cubase 7, prolly soon to be version 8 were say, under $200…I couldn’t resist and might buy it anyway for the hell of it. It certainly wouldn’t be the 1st time I bought software I never ended up using…like WaveLab! :unamused: Another reason holding me back is, if Steinberg also made it possible to run Cubase 7 or 8 on a Win XP 32 system, where I wouldn’t have to upgrade anything ELSE, I would be considering it even more. So if I had to buy Cubase 7/8 AND trash ALL my hardware & other software…it would be more tempting. For a hobby, all those expenses are just not worth it for me personally. My buddy who uses Cubase feels the same way…and he has more income to blow than me.