Nice update Steinberg!

To iBM

Yes, that is how I used to do it in N5.5 too (with the mixers programed into the Mackie Control programmable buttons) but I find it is better now because bringing the right mixer to the front took a few more button presses. Although many, including me, have complained about the focus issue. Why do we still have to click on the mixer for the dedicated mixer buttons to work?

It is also easier now to choose what to put in your configuration than 5.5 (I often have dead audio and group channels that I don’t want to delete). I usually keep the same sizing so I haven’t noticed the sizing issue in configurations but would love to see this fixed.

I usually have my project on the left monitor and the mixer on the right for tracking and mixing now. Plugins float around during mixing. For tracking I use all hardware monitoring so I don’t use the cue sends at all. I just pull up inputs on the mixer to set levels then get rid of them for tracking and visually monitor through the project window.

And I fully agree with you about hovering. Please Steinberg, give us dedicated buttons on the inserts. I’m not sure what you mean about seeing only one track at a time.

Dean