Cubase hangs - Cubase IC Pro will expire soon

Hi BHuck67

first of all sorry that Cubase is not starting up with the SKI.

Other then the license there are some other factors to check.

As Guillermo already pointed out above, giving the process enough permissions by running it as administrator might help.
The following is not only recommended if you run Cubase with the SKI remote but also as general advice to make your DAW environment more stable.
I expect the underlaying Windows up to date and to be original. Furthermore no crack tools should be installed (They often intercept connections and processes)

• You experience a crash! Work with this standard article to rule out the most common reasons:
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/troubleshooting-instructions-for-cubase-nuendo-and-sequel-on-windows

• Cubase, plugins, extensions, drivers etc should always be installed for all users. Usually there is an option during installation. So if asked whether to install the program for all users or “only the currently connected user” always choose “all users”.

• Grant exceptions for Remote SKI, Cubase etc. in all installed security programs. Both Cubase and Remote SKI request network connections from your system which might be interpreted as malicious intend (even though they are harmless).
    General computer advice: Never have more then one antivirus program on your system. Google “antivirus storm” or “AV storm” to find out more.

• Disable all automatic system maintenance from tools like CC cleaner or other registry maintenance tools.
    They might accidentally delete or change information required by our software.
    The same as for antivirus software counts here as well: Never have more then one of those tools active on system unless you know what you are doing.

This is already a lot to check so far and should cover all basics for stable operation.

Would be nice to hear if this helps :slight_smile:

hello.

I have the same problem on Mac and Windows.

Hello,

When the error message appears it should give you the option to click on “Ok” and then Cubase should continue loading.
Could you grab a screenshot of the error message or the moment where it hangs?

Also, in the Mac:
If you could open the activity monitor before loading cubase:
Go to the spyglass (search function on the right upper corner) and type “Activity”.
The activity monitor will come up on the contextual menu, select it to open it.
Then open Cubase
Once Cubase hangs look for Cubase on the activity monitor and double click on it.
From the menu that appears click on Sample.
A window will open, please save this document.

If you could send it to us it will help us a lot to find the cause of the problem.
Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this in-house.

Best regards,
GN

“The license for application ‘Cubase iC Pro’ will expire soon. Duration until expiration: 4 hours 16 minutes 54 seconds”

Above the msg receive. Multiple attempts to correct problem by uninstalling remote SKI. I’m using Ipad and Win 7 and Cubase 7.5 in 64 bits. 16 gig mem and I7 processor. It started on sunday with same symptoms explain by others before. iC Pro was obtain from apple store no information to Ilock was never requested. Was working fine until last cpouple of days. Error is capable to make PC non-responsive and with a need to manually shot down.

Help requested.

Jimmyh

Dear Steinberg corp.

As evidence by the multiple users with the same problem Ski remote is the problem. Every new installation will give the same message of the time left for its use. The download was accordingly to your support instructions and available version. Once SKI is deactivated in devices next session will not load Cubase 7.5 as it will freeze. Ski will need to uninstall from programs and features to be able to initiate another session. This will be without having IC Pro Available unless I repeat installing, activating and receiving the time limit message already posted. I believe an update of SKI remote software is due.
Hope this is corrected soon.
Thanks for the support.
Jimmyhrivera

Problem solve with a previous SKI version recommended by Guillermo N in other forum. The only message receive is in the IPad about not been the newest SKI file. However working better than the latest file. It confirms my interpretation that it is the latest SKI file problem.

answer and link in # 15 response of gearslutz.com (Cubase Launch Hang/freeze stuck at SKI Remote)

Hope this help some of you guys, as it did me and a newer correct file is provided to us soon by Steinberg.

Jimmyhrivera

I got this error message today and disabled SKI in devices, no freezes so far. I’m on a Mac.

Another one here, is this going to get sorted ?

Hello all,

Quick question, everyone that has this error could you please check on your eLicenser Control Center if you have a demo license that is about to expire.
Also, could you please download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center?

Best regards,
GN

Hi Guillermo,

I have the latest eLCC (6.8.1.14153) with the following licenses except Cubase: “All applications, Steinberg… remaining time 4h49min” and “MP3 Encoder, Steinberg… expired”. Never gave those much thought and I don’t think I ever activated a demo of any kind. I haven’t had any problems at all with Cubase for years except this. I like the iPad remote, but it’s not so important for me.

Mac 10.9.4
Cubase 7.5
eLC 6.8.1.14153
Cubase iC Pro v1.2 on iPad

please help ;-]

Hello,

Yes, but what happens when you click the ok button?
Cubase should just keep booting up, or does it hangs at this point?

Best regards,
GN

Yes, but what happens when you click the ok button?
Cubase should just keep booting up, or does it hangs at this point?

Best regards,
GN

keep booting…

Hello,

Then, if Cubase keeps booting you don’t have a problem. Just wait until the demo license expires and the message will go away. And Cubase will keep booting as always.

Best regards,
GN

Hello,

Just to keep you informed about my initial concern, once the expiration time had passed, the message simply disappeared and everything is working fine since then.

Was just a kind of strange and frightening message :slight_smile:

B.

Hi

good to hear! :wink:

Thanks for he info!
RG

the last screenshot:

and cubase working fine…

thx Guillermo ;-]

Trying to catch up here so excuse fast issue review but I seem to have this problem as well.

Had to uninstall SKI to allow Cubase to finish loading, getting 4 hr warning when installed, then Cubase won’t load until I get rid of SKI. Not seeing SKI in eLCC at all. I first used ANDROID phone in demo period, later bough iC Pro for iPad, used for a while then this issue.

Not seeing SKI in eLCC at all, don’t have a code for it from Apple email. What am I missing on licensing iC Pro?

Cubase x64 v7.5.20
Win7 x64 Pro currently patched
Latest Ski as of last week
eLCC - 6.6.6.2134

Hello,

Had to uninstall SKI to allow Cubase to finish loading, getting 4 hr warning when installed, then Cubase won’t load until I get rid of SKI. Not seeing SKI in eLCC at all. I first used ANDROID phone in demo period, later bough iC Pro for iPad, used for a while then this issue.

Did you also received an error message that the license was going to expire.
This was caused because you have installed the android version that comes with a demo license, you just need to wait for this license to expire and the error message will stop appearing. You don’t need a code if you have the iOS version of the IC Pro

Best regards,
GN

See attached pdf with screenshots.

I worked with support on this to the point all they could do is advise me to come back on the forum. As suggested I deleted my entire user profile but the issue can still be duplicated exactly as documented on a new user profile; didn’t think there was licensing in the user profile but I did to continue support.

With SKI installed Cubase load hangs at SKI initialization, SKI must be uninstalled to subsequently load Cubase. Have seen many instances of this still occurring on the forum, this post marked solved but I can’t get anything resolved using any of the suggestions. There are subtle diffs in some of the post but they all lead to uninstalling SKI or Cubase won’t load.

Here is what is going on for me:

• Cubase x64 v7.5.20
• Win7 x64 Pro currently patched
• Ski x64 - 1.0.6.58
• eLCC - 6.8.1.14153
• iC Pro for iPad
• iPad Gen3 – IOS 7.1.2
• ref:_00D30F1z._50030Vl1Wb:ref

• Install using SKI 1.0.6.58 from SKI site, install completes
• Add SKI Remote in ‘Devices’ and get this error:
Cubase SKI Hang - eLCC.jpg
• Use SKI and it works fine, shutdown Cubase
• Subsequently load Cubase and it will hang here:

[/img]

• Uninstall SKI in Programs & Features and Cubase will load. The question I cannot seem to answer is how do we fix the licensing problem that appears to exist.

One point unique to my install I have noted with support. I initially tried SKI with an android device but I DID NOT use the SKI download when I did it, I used the above std windows d/l from the SKI page.

I think I have tried all the solutions I have found but I miss quite a bit drinking from the firehose. LOL