Shared Cubase Macros

I’m a big fan of Cubase/Nuendo macros and in combination with my controllers they save time and work so they are a valuable collection of routines to me. Why not put them in a post so I can find them easily and even better, share them with all of you.

Some are damned useful, some just fit in my workflow. Most are mainly made for Audio Post production purposes. but i’d like to make my collection as complete as possible. If you have any questions, let me know.

If you have some good ideas to improve them or have some great macros to share with me, please let me know I can put them in this post to make it just a cool collection of macros.

Probably there are more posts like this but this is just my collection. Also, some are gradually obsolete since that option was added to a later update. (some are made in the C4 era)

Insert Time - just insert empty time between the markers
Transport - Stop
Transport - To Left Locator
Edit - Global Copy
Edit - Insert Silence
Edit - Paste

Disable+Hide Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Mute events
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Set (optional)
Edit - Select None

Enable+Show Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Unmute events
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Clear (optional)
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Edit - Select None

Group Channel - Useful to group two mono channels together (the omf Avid/ premiere issue)
Navigate - Add Up
Edit - Group
Navigate - Right

Retake - Great during VO recording / quickly re-do a take on the fly
Transport - Locate Selection
Edit - Delete
Transport - Record

Stop And clean immediately - Great during VO recording
Transport - Stop
Audio - Detect Silence (i wish we had presets here)

Stop and back - Useful during voice tracking. just stop and go back a bit to quickly retake.
transport - Stop
Transport - Nudge -1 Frame
etc… (~15 times)

Delete Range and check - use range selection tool ! just delete a range and go back and listen. (i use this for quickly delete breaths from VO artists.)
Edit - Delete
etc… (~10 times)
Transport - Start/Stop

Increment Fades - Increment fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length

Decrement Fades - Decrement fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length

Duplicate Time - Global Copy
Transport - To left locator
Edit - Select in Loop
Edit Copy

+6 dB
Audio - Increment Event Volume

-6 dB
Audio - Decrement Event Volume

hmmm… it’s 04:55 in the morning… I’ll finish this later…

3 Likes

Great stuff, man. I’m massively underutilizing the power of macros in my work, so this is a great kick in the posterior to get me moving on that.

1 Like

Cubase 7x’s Re-Record function has made your Retake macro obsolete :wink:

+1 :sunglasses:

More of these please!

I finally started using the macros and now my two fav keyboard shortcuts are duplicating tracks and export audio.

aMUSEd

Hi, I can’t find the “Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Set (optional)”. Is this an Nuendo feature only?

i think that’s from an older cubase.

I like rerecord but I am trying to make it so I can leave record mode as Punch In/Out. That way I can press a command to always punch in at left locator and another command to know I am going to be throwing takes in the trash or removing them from the hard drive without going to the trash like Rerecord does.

Currently I use “Restart” for rerecord but if there is a way to discard take and then run restart that would be ideal. Undo doesn’t work in macro’s as you probably know. Discard Take - Key Command - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Here is a macro for one bar preroll always for record so you don’t have to turn this on or off all the time.
1 Bar Pre-Roll & Record (Turn On "Deactivate Punch In on Stop; Works in Both Start Recording at Cursor and Left Locator)

Transport - Locate Selection End
Transport - Set Right Locator
Transport - Set Left Locator
Transport - Auto Punch In
Transport - Step Back Bar
Transport - Start

This works in Rerecord or Punch In/Out

This doesn’t always play from what you just edited if your locator is in a different spot so the nudge back a frame might not be as helpful.

If you add “Transport - Locate Selection” at the start it should always play back before your edit by the nudge amount.

Edit - Delete
etc… (~10 times)
Transport - Start (so it always plays after the delete even if you were already playing and working from sight)

I use similar functions for quantizing audio and listening to it on the fly in Pro Tools, using QuicKeys. I like that one.

Thanks for sharing, I’m interested in seeing what else you use.

Hello, it’s my first question. I just bought my Cubase 9.5 and I need some help.
I work with Windows 7 64 and basically I want to export multitracks but with all the effects, groups, folders, inserts, etc.
What I am doing now is to select “solo” the 1st track, copy the name of that track and export audio mix.
The same thing I do with the folders (for example drums or backing vocals), I select “solo” on the folder and I follow the same procedure as before.

Could this be done with a macro? Somebody could help me?. It would be extremely useful to be able to solve it and do it automatically.

Thank you very much in advance

Are you using Cubase Pro? Because you can export individual tracks all at once by selecting them on the left in the Export Audio Mixdown. I probably wouldn’t even try messing with a Macro for that but someone else can chime in if they have a better idea. As far as folders go you can’t export folders but you can export Group channels, basically if audio passes through it then you can export it individually. You can also now export cycle markers now like Nuendo has had for years.

Great Macros! Would you happen to know of a macro that can hide Group Channels where the Channel Volume is infinity/0?

(post deleted by author)

Hi,
Great idea to start this collection.

I just finished a macro (including some Project Logical Editors) that helps me while working on existing non-empty tracks. For instance when Verse uses other instruments than Chorus or Solo.
Mixing a project with many tracks, I would need to scroll a lot.
So, based on “show only tracks with data” I created the macro below and assigned a Key command to it (or even: the foot switch connected to the CC121).
Super fast!

===============================================================================
Use: Edit → Key Commands → Show Macros
New Macro:
Show ALL Non-Empty Tracks Between Locators
⁃ Transport - Locators to Selection
⁃ Channel & Track Visibility - Agents: Show Channels/Tracks with Data between the Locators
⁃ Process Project Logical Editor - Select Visible Folders
⁃ Process Project Logical Editor - Show Groups etc. for Locally Non-Empty Tracks
⁃ Process Project Logical Editor - Deselect Folders
⁃ Zoom - Zoom to Locators

Use: Project → Project Logical Editor → Setup…
Project Logical Editor (Setup)
Select Visible Folders *(enter this name in top line, click on init, Save Changes as Preset)
First box:
⁃ / / Container Type is / Equal / Folder Track / / And
⁃ / / Property / Property is Not Set / is Hidden / /

Middle box:

Last input field: Select

Show Groups etc. for Locally Non-Empty Tracks (enter as above)
First box:
⁃ / ( / Media Type is / Equal / Group / / Or
⁃ / / Media Type is / Equal / VCA / / Or
⁃ / / Media Type is / Equal / Effect / ) / And
⁃ / / Property / Property is Set / Parent Object is Selected / /

Middle box:
Track Operation / Hide Track / Disable

Last input field: Transform

Deselect Folders (enter as above)
First box:
⁃ / / Container Type is / Equal / Folder Track / /

Middle box:

Last input field: Deselect

===============================================================================
Please let me know if anything does not work correctly in your situation.

All the best,
Karel

2 Likes