Does an opinion matter without experience?

Opinions, like an inviting cavity, everyone has one…

There’s also hearsay, which isn’t a first hand account per say, but passing on what they’ve heard from others with the experience. This could be as valid or invalid as first hand experience. Many people on the forum claim Cubase 7 has been problematic, features have been omitted, “the new mixer sucks” etc.

Hearsay, no matter what the first hand account is, can be powerful… Take your pick of gods for example…no one in the history of man kind has ever really seen one, yet millions live their lives around this superstition. The hearsay of Cubase greatly pales in comparison. I mean, firstly we all know Cubase and other DAW software really exists …some of us use different versions of it (Cubase Cakewalk, Logic,Pro Tools etc). Second, we as humans rely on the things we hear from others, they’re passed down. Someone recommends using Cubase over say, Cakewalk…so we run out and buy Cubase. Unlike your pick of gods, us DAW users don’t generally don’t go around and behead those who believe in and use a different software…though some DAW users can be fanatical. Someone indicates that there are many others who don’t like, or have found issues with the newest version. When Windows Vista came out, how much of a bad rap of hearsay did THAT spread around the PC community?

Yes, most of us are more comfortable in sticking with what we know. Though I tried Cakewalk, I also tried Cubase. I’ve stuck with Cubase ever since. I don’t need to change, it does what I need & want. New versions have many changes along the way, some cry out in protest over them, while others welcome them. Too much change, and especially just for the sake of changing something isn’t always a good thing. I’m sure if I ran out and bought Cubase 7, I wouldn’t know how to use it. For as little time I have to spend on my music hobby, I’d be spending all my time relearning how to do simple tasks, that I could have otherwise got some of my idea’s down.