Retrigering notes(samples) with LFO. Modulating loop start

Many of us here have asked for more control over the sample player within the HALion engine. I am not sure that Steinberg has elected it enough to put them into the plans for the future, so it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from them, either way. I am sure they have internal plans themselves, I just meant the whines and wishes from peons like myself. :slight_smile:

I agree with being able to manipulate the loop points would be slick. Same thing with the crossfades, curve and tuning. Playback choice of Back & Forth, synchronized stepping computer (i.e. for the sample position), etc. would be cool.

Another things I’ve been wanting is a sample position hold while not playing, so that the sample position plays the loop as long as you play a key, when you stop playing it holds, and when you play the key again it continues from where it stopped last (attack and release would influence, of course). There is a great example of how this can be used in one of Jean Michel Jarre’s tracks (cannot recall which one at the moment, but there is a phrase in it that sounds like the Swedish sentence “jag vill ha en k-pist”) on the album Zoolook.