Groove agent 4 Poor information and Support

I have a full trial version of groove agent 4 and I’m having a problem with the software.
I can take a loop and drag it to a beat agent pad, perform audio warp, slice it and drag it back to cuebase without any issues. However,I can’t drag it back to another beat agent pad (tried both midi B active and inactive). Watched it performed in the tutorials, read the manual, etc…

Contacted Steinberg and the response was:It looks like Cubase 6 does not support the drag and drop of the MIDI file back into Groove Agent it is working in Cubase 7.

So buy the upgrade!! And I thought Midi was an industry standard format?

I wasted a lot of time learning it and was going to purchase it. I’m getting tired of expensive forced obsolescence. It’s a real turn off. I guess it’s time to look at pro tools.

Good luck with Pro Tools. I wish you the best of everything :sunglasses: .

It was great getting to know you through your one post.

This isn’t an inexpensive “hobby”. Sometimes the features you desire do indeed require an upgrade :neutral_face: .

Steinberg do offer various options for upgrading which (in my eyes) seem quite fair for all the benefits you receive. When I first bought Cubase 3 x years ago I was not able to afford the full package so over time I have gradually worked my way up the ladder. Products not always being backwards compatible from time to time is something that most musicians have come to accept without grief.

… expensive forced obsolescence. It’s a real turn off. I guess it’s time to look at pro tools.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah, what he said!
you want “expensive forced obsolescence” the hard way, straight from the horse’s mouth, then it’s time for you to look at pro tools. :bulb:

Cmon now…pt ain’t that bad! :smiley: