Cubase 8 - what is your impression ?

My impression? I just found out about it, so…

1. I really dislike these out of the blue BIG REVEALS. Call me old school, but I think it’s (cough) more professional to pre-announce and give users something of a road map to where the product is going as do makers of mission-critical apps.

2. Provolone? … er… Provolution… Seriously? Maybe this is a weird thing I can’t get… like Black Pete in Holland. But to my Hanseatic friends: this is just about the silliest ‘high concept’ marketing slogan ehhhh-ver. The person who came up with it is either an ESL speaker or… the guy who invents all those crazy drug names… Xylentramax! SeleniaFil!

3. That said… at first glance, the feature list is most impressive young Skywalker. There seems to be a good balance between the EDM/kiddie toys and some really useful stuff (Direct Routing, Windowing improvements).

4. It’s also good to see that all the sucke… er… enthusiastic early adopters seem to be able to install cleanly. Always a good sign.

In short, from the product launch, SB seems to be performing to standard: town car incremental improvements, short bus marketing.

—JC

PS: 5. And as pointless as it sounds… Why you guys feel the need to collect Sales Tax in America… which like NOBODY does (unless they have a physical presence at the destination). No, I don’t really care about the $10 so much as I have a tough time believing that you or your processor -really- fill out ALL the state/county/city paperwork and send out hundreds of picayune little payments to all these jurisdictions. It’s one of those things that beggar belief. It -seems- very meticulous, but -feels- kinda scammy.