Hidden Cubase 8 features!

i can ,but i prefer to have presets for that, cuz my 1-6 key number are global workspaces,and 3 more i use as project(all that for the 2 screen setup )
when in field i would like just load a 1 screen workspace preset.
i think its possible to exchange workspace preset files somewhere in cubase’s folder but its a hassle.

And this works on the Project or just with the Mixer?

That’s a feature request, no? I’m not seeing those options. I see the reverse: Add Group Channel to a selected channel (or selected channels)

from the command name its confusing. i tried it, and its the same as “Add group channel to selected channel” from MC… but now it works from the project as well with KC !
its a good and fast way though !

Relly? Good one!! I had been asking this some time ago… :smiley:

I don’t know if this is new but i 've been using Cubase since Cubase 4 and not stumbled upon this before.

Click on the E button whilst holding Alt key to get more than one channel edit window open at the same time!

Matt

I like this feature a lot! Wow. Can’t believe I did not know about this.

Certain menus have a tab at the bottom right for key commands which turns yellow when its highlighted

I tried it now. It works good.
I would like it on the same menu as the Add Track (using the right mouse click)…

What am I missing? I tried this yesterday. Can you list the steps you take to reproduce this behavior? Maybe a screenshot?

From what I understand, this is a scenario where you already have a Group channel and you simply want to add another newly created audio track such that it automatically gets routed to this pre-existing Group channel. Correct?

yep. hope we can deactivate hoover in the future…

+1 - I checked and this is in 7.5. - but it is new to me!

Thanks for pointing this one out. I don’t know why - but that yellow border annoyed me.

+1 on the hovering buttons.

“Video service unresponsive” feature. Oh wait… My bad – this has been already implemented in previous versions.

i found it by accident because of having to keep using the alt key to select individual channels within a VCA group, so something annoying led to a nice surprise!

I don’t want to stoke a potentially cranky situation (lol), but what are you guys talking about with this “hover” business? I’m 60 hours into v8 at this point, and I haven’t seen any new “hover” behavior. Is it on one particular window?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the hover-hating thread lol. I thought you were talking about something new to v8.

Regedit: HKey_Current_User/Control Panel/Mouse/MouseHovertime
This you might find useful if the popups bother you. Just adjust the response time (windows restart required!) :wink:

I find it rather remiss that there is no “whats New” document or Version History documentation.

Yes we can read about the new features bells and whistles on the product page enticing one to ‘buy’ the newest version, but there is nothing detailing changes and more importantly new options and preferences of interest to existing users.

Instead we are left discovering these for ourselves - hence this very thread. Who knows if some of these hidden (undocumented) “features” are not in fact unintended, benign software bugs which could just as easily disappear in the next update.

You can now control the Q-factor of the Equalizer with the mouse wheel. So you don’t have to hold shift and drag and it feels more precise.