Build huge templates?

Hi,
I would consider working with VEPro, even on the same machine. It is really a great helper with huge templates.
The biggest orchestral template to date I’ve created for more or less testing purposes had over 3000 midi tracks plus sends, subgroups and groups. All hosted in VEPro and saved as a one big template with all the samples purged from Kontakt so the initial load time is much quicker and only the midi notes really played/used in a cue are loaded into RAM.
If I work on a smaller cue for TV and I don’t need all the available Percussion or every possible string articulation I can delete those tracks from the Cubase session and from the VEPro for even faster initial load. This is also a good way to create smaller templates originating from the big one.
Every group of midi tracks grouped by articulation for example (only short string articulations) or by libraries (only VSL stuff etc) can be saved in Cubase as Track Preset, same goes for VEPro (metaframes) and Kontakt (multis) and be used as a building blocks for creating new templates from scratch every time I don’t want/need to start with the very huge template.

You can also reffer to this thread for some more informations on this topic:

Cheers!