Groove Agent has lost it's way

RedRum,

Very interesting indeed.

It it a great shame that GA4 took a curve-ball.

I can see its advantages for live performances and (let’s say) younger(!) musicians. But GA4 is far from what we might call being traditional and I don’t think that whatever extras it can provide will ever make me feel INSPIRED. Timbre-wise, my ears can not really tell between such minute differences between rival brands. And whenever you watch You Tube demo’s, the VST always sounds radically different through you own system! lol

Cheers,

Paul

I have most of the expansion packs for Ez Drummer (I also have Superior Drummer and most expansions for that). I used to buy them as CDs + Card board boxes, but changed to download. I am sorry but I can not remember if the change was out of convenience or availability.

99USD for ED2 seems ok. Ebay + paypal has a protection plan as well. Think it is safe. But be aware that many offers nowadays that look like a box but is really serial number.

I have been a staunch GA3 supported and produced some great music with it - especially in the jazz vein. GA4 soimply does not cater for me now, so I am joining the ranks of the disappointed. so I have loaded GA3 back into my newly upgraded Windows 7 / Cubase 7.5 environment (finally let go of XP and Cubase 4.5) and willo have to carry on as before.

RR,

So do you think I am correct in that you can only purchase the Expansion Packs for EZ2 as a download please?

Ta,

Paul

RR,

I wonder if that might ever happen? There may be too many disgruntled customers who have only just purchased GA4 (and for the first time) in the last 6 x months.

Cheers,

Paul

Dont know really, but I would strongly recommend downloads. It took some mental ajustment for me too, but I never wanna revert to boxes. Get a harddisc and back up or back up to a cloud. Much better. Use the gained space for some nice wine bottles. There are sooooooo many pluggs only available through downloads anyway so you will, sooner or later, be forced into the download system. Also take into considderation that if the company do not close down, you can always re-download from their site.

No won’t happen. For many reasons. The major one is for Steinberg to admit the whole product of GA4 was a big mistake. For the first time in my daw history I have been wondering if I have backed the right horse. I have during the last few months been looking into Logic X (have 9) and Bitwig, just because of the damn GA4 and Steinbergs attitude towards dissatisfied customers. I am however very pleased with CB8 so it is a difficult situation to sort out.

RR,

Ok, ta mate. I have a couple of external HD’s which I use for backing up stuff (a TB and 500GB). I never back stuff up to the Cloud. Can’t be bothered to, to be honest and my work is not THAT imperative (well so far, anyway). I do have Drop Box and You Send It which I know a few members on here use for this purpose.

Ta,

Paul

RR,

Well they would be better off simply admitting there were (in hindsight) some bad decisions made in the making of GA4. I would think that in such a situation it would be entirely forgivable and that they would regain some lost (and leaving) customers. And then re-launch it in 6 x months time (or how ever long).

Paul

Hi,

This sale offers a DRUM KIT pack (Rock) with it, but I am not sure if this is something EXTRA than what you would normally receive, or if it is included anyway with any EZ2 package? :-

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Rob,

Ta man. Nice to know someone from the same genre feels the same way to! Luckily i KEPT GA3 on both of my PC’s and did not purchase GA4 (just ran the trial).

Did you actually purchase GA4? And if not, what do you intend to buy instead?

best,

Paul

For 5£ extra I would go for it. It is a very cheep way of learning the Toontrack system. The sets included in Ez2 are great and you would normally do with those, but you will get extra MIDI files anyway together with some different sounding drums. Every expansion pack sounds differently, however not necessary what you need or would use. If you like to tweek Eq you can get a lot out of Ez2 and do without expansions. It is better to listen through a few drumsets, use them, get to know them, tweek them and then… if there are still things to be desired, you will have your ear on that when looking for another expansion.

RR,

Ok, ta man.

Here is the sellers reply :-

Hi Paul,

the expansion is definetly a download as you get this as a promo from toontrack upon registration. The main program comes on a disc.

Regards

I just put in a “Make Me An Offer” so hopefully it will get accepted.

Cheers.

Paul

<Update- My offer has been accepted and so therefore I won it for 95GBP instead of (the ‘BIN’ price) 103GBP>

RR,

Have created a Profile and Account with ToonTracks now. My Avatar automatically appeared/uploaded so not sure how the hell that happened!? lol

Paul

Hi,

It says here that ToonTracks are having a big sale on at the moment :-

But does anyone know when this sale will expire please?

I have posted this question on the ToonTracks forum but am not sure how active or how much traffic it gets?

Cheers,

Paul

<Update - Please note that only the products marked with “sale” are included in the promotion. Promotion good from December 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015>

Hi,

Oh, I only just noticed this!

Paul

Hi,

The eBay shop sent me a non-DVD copy of EzD2, and no Promo-Code either for the Pop/Rock kit! I double-checked with them the details before making the purchase. So now I might have to open a ‘dispute’ because I paid them the money about 10 x days ago!

Paul

UPDATE :- The seller thought that Ez2D was a DVD until I reported the concern. The store spoke to ToonTracks who informed them that it has never been available as a hard copy (just a box with a 'product code). And the Pop/Rock kit freebie is downloaded via the website once you have activated Ez2D.

I just spoke to seller who offered me a refund (but I need to check with eBay in case I have to pay shipping costs to return the item [empty box!]). And then in turn purchase/download directly from the ToonTracks Shop. Not sure what the best decision to make is though? If I had known the eBay product was not a hard-copy, then I would have simply purchased the download version from ‘TT’ two weeks ago!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I will not be purchasing from MUSIC MATTERS (Preston, UK) again because they basically just referred me over to ‘ToonTracks’ to resolve the issue. However ‘ToonTracks’ sorted the matter out and issued me with a new download-activation-code within a couple of days and so I was impressed with their overall service. I only wish I had purchased from them originally!

‘ToonTracks’ also took the time and effort to answer many of my remaining product inquiry questions responding to each (with a personal reply) within 24 x hours. Some of the best customer service experience ever here! Interestingly, they were very honest about revealing the fact that company “SWEETWATER MUSIC” also had a SALE on in which some of the EzD2 products were slightly cheaper than in their own webshop. They also recommended SWEETWATER as being a very much trusted retailer.

Again, I received second to none EXCELLENT service from SWEETWATER ([thank you!] Josh) and they answered each and every question of mine in great detail. Upon my final decision to make such purchases, SWEETWATER invited me to SKPYE call them (I am based in UK) so that we could confirm the order and clear up any loose ends. BRILLIANT service guys, thank you!

And so, after much deliberation I have chosen to purchase :-

JAZZ, ELECTRONIC, LATIN and FUNK MASTER EX’s

SONGWRITERS DRUM PACK COLLECTION

ESSENTIAL DRUMS MIDI PACK COLLECTION 6

Thanks,

Paul

I second Sweetwater and also Time & Space in UK.

Redrum,

I have not heard a bad word against Sweetwater.

The salesman had excellent knowledge of the products because he owned some of ToonTracks software, and also he was a drummer himself.

Paul