Cubase 7.5 vs Ableton live

Can you make a tutorial video on how to do this?

I just bought Cubase and came from Live 9.
Why? Well:

1. A friend at work uses Cubase and I am lonely, so I was hoping to collaborate.
  2. I really liked the idea of the score sheet, drum sheet, and chord pads. I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to figure out what key a cool riff was in and had to Google up notes when using Live. The chord pad seems really good for quick ideas and auditioning what an upcoming change might sound like.
  3. Having to work in the bottom 8th of Live to tweak everything always bothered me. Cubase has a ‘larger’ layout and uses both my monitors.

I’ve been using Cubase for a few days now and those features are sure enough exactly what I like. Worth another $500? Well…probably not but I’ve got money that was itching.

Things I miss in Live:

1. Session View. I don’t know how people say they would never use it. Almost everything I did started off in session view. It is great for whiteboarding ideas quickly. Trying different clips against each other. It is also great for demoing or djing. Not that I ever played DJ. I don’t see any way to quickly whiteboard things in Cubase like that. I’d have to drag clips around in arrangement view and remember where I dragged them from, one at a time. yucky.
  2. I’ve only had a few days with Cubase, so this might be off, but I feel that Live had better built in effects and instruments. It also came with Max for free, so I could make my own. Not a huge deal, because I’ve got so many plugins, but I was kind of disappointed in the sound and use of cubase’s instruments and effects.

My 2 cents.