Steinberg - Subscription

as another poster mentioned. the majority are home users and only upgrade if/when they feel new features warrant the expense. no professional user would chance an update with steinbergs buggy track record. a daw isnt like adobe its a very complex setup that when stable most prefer to adhere to the surgeons motto “if it aint broke dont fix it” most other apps eg office, are not as sensetive to minor glitches hence if an update adds a few milliseconds here and there the user probably wouldnt even notice. not so with a daw, maximum stability is top priority. and as another poster mentioned it already is much like an extended subscription full upgrade every 2 years and .5 upgrade 1 year later except you are not FORCED to stay current. as is with subscriptions with time limited licenses. bad idea this isnt a word processor or pdf reader! lol case in point… i upgraded to v8 Pro… My Tascam board now doesnt work correctly. im sure will be fixed in a forthcoming patch but under the subscription model i would not be able to continue using v7.5 which works fine.

ps.if they dont fix it i can stay with v7.5 ive spent $100 on dumber things before lol

cheers and HNY