Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

I concur.

Whilst I’m loving a lot of new features, the fact it crashes every time I try and bounce anything made in the previous version is beyond annoying. I’d had no issues with previous updates, and only installed as was supposed to be having a bit of a break over xmas, but I’m in the middle of finishing demos for an album, and was really excited about finishing it with some of the new tricks in Cubase 8, but it’s become apparent that’s highly unlikely.

I may have to try the fresh install idea, but considering my machine has only ever had Cubase, Ableton, Soundforge and Audiomulch installed on it, with no internet connection, it’s one of the most basic setups I’ve seen, without years of messed up registry to complicate matters, I’m not convinced that would help as much.

I’ve established that big projects run better if I load a small cubase file first. The makers of my PC have also suggested that a lot of issues are in the graphics card, (Steinberg have really stitched people up by making something far more suited to an unreleased OS), and recommended upgrading the graphics cards to something like the new AMD Radeon R7 (min 260 version), but I’ve seen people with similar cards complaining that they could only gain a stable system by removing these cards and just using basic graphics from the motherboard.

Would definitely be interested in peoples thoughts on this. I want to love this software so much, but when your management and label are telling you to go back to the older version cause you’re pissed off 24/7 and haven’t submitted any music for a month, there’s definitely something up!