Had Cubase 8 pro for 3 days and VERY unstable

Hi plectrumboy…I did a complete clean re install of Windows 7 because at first I believed it must be my fault, surely Steinberg would not release something this bad, updated all drivers in MB etc…etc…installed CP8, absolutely no 3rd party plugins, nothing else on my puter,
C7 runs great, CP8…all sorts of probs and not only with the GUI (which for some reason opens at a length of around 3 or 4 meters long and about 10ish centimetres deep and as soon as I touch it, it freezes and I have to force a shutdown.
every now and again I get it to open and the first thing I notice is my performance meter is maxed out, so I can’t figure out how it could be my system really :frowning:
I thin it’s confirmed by many that this is a very iffy release (glad it’s good for you though) and I have lost rather a lot of faith in Steinberg because this release could not have been tested thoroughly because surely they would have spotted a lot of the probs…for instance a lot of people were having problems with the metronome (me included) how crazy is that, how does that get past em…it works now in 8.05 but why was it not right in the first place :question: :frowning: sloppy I think.

and wouldn’t it have been nice if they actually fixed C7.5 properly before they banged out this little moneymaker…

If I had the brains to learn another DAW I’d be on my way…

best to everyone…Kevin