Cubase 6.5 the fastest and trouble-free Cubase?

Historically, it could be argued that Cubase 6.5.x was/is so good, because you have to look at where it came from. It took around 6 years of constant development and improvement to get to where it ended up (from the release of the then ‘brand new’ Cubase 4 codebase, 2006). July 2013 was when the final C6.5.5 shipped.

Compare to:-

• Cubase 7 series, the next new ‘major shift’ architecturally, took around a couple of years to get to where it was broadly considered ‘rock solid’, ‘stable’, ‘reliable’, in the marketplace etc, etc…

• Cubase 8 (building on the C7 series code), with its audio engine re-write, PC windows management/handling improvements (never before tackled) and other stuff, has been with us barely 8 weeks/40 working days, minus the Xmas/New Year holiday period.

My point.? Give it another year or so before Cubase 8.x.x is as worthy as or valid of being talked about/remembered/cherished/relied upon, as fondly as C6.x.x

IMO

Bob

PS:- having said all that, I’m perfectly happy at 7.5 and have no need for C6 any more; another update I reckon, before the move proper to C8 for me.