Cubase 6.5 the fastest and trouble-free Cubase?

I cannot personally comment on C8 as i haven’t purchased it yet but yes i would agree, in my own humble opinion and from my own personal experience that C6.5 has been by far and away the most stable, hassle free version of cubase yet…

I had a total nightmare with C7 on release and a slightly less bad time with 7.5, i purchased a new computer just before christmas with the intention of running C8 but the combination of past experiences and the amount of negative chatter all over the net re c8 i think i’ll wait to hand over my money until things calm down drastically, there’s a demo version so i don’t have to risk any cash and i might possibly even skip this version if things don’t seem to calm down… those seem to be my own options right now, particularly as C7.5.3 is reasonably stable, i only get one or two crashes/lockups per week so far and this year i want to get on with making music rather than feeling like a paying beta tester. Puma’s post above re the amount of time it too to get to C6.5’s stability just reinforces this for me personally.
I would LOVE to update as VCA faders would make life so much easier (if they work as they’re supposed to), render in place etc… don’t care about the other stuff, karlito summed that up nicely i think!
Less fluff please steiny and let’s just get the important stuff sorted eh… i’ve noticed a LOT of calls for a much more effective beta period and a wider group of testers… seems pretty sensible to me!