Cubase IC for Android

Would you like a Cubase IC version for Android

Yes
156
96%
No
7
4%
 
Total votes : 163

Cubase IC for Android

Postby PMedia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 am

Time to make an unofficial pitch for a new Cubase IC Android version. There are more Android phones in the market than iphones so come on Steinberg what do you say

Make sure you do the poll and not just add +1 in the replies

Finger crossed they might bring it out soon

Cheers
PC Win 7 64bit - Nuendo 5 - Intensity Pro - Neumann U87 - Sennheiser 416 - Schoeps CMIT - Mic Pres BuzzAudio & Focusrite - Euphonix MC Control & Mix - Tannoy Monitors - Sennheiser Headphones - Samsung 40 inch LCD's - Full HD Playback
PMedia
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby PMedia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 am

Really someone said no - must be a jealous iphone user worried about losing market share hehehe
PC Win 7 64bit - Nuendo 5 - Intensity Pro - Neumann U87 - Sennheiser 416 - Schoeps CMIT - Mic Pres BuzzAudio & Focusrite - Euphonix MC Control & Mix - Tannoy Monitors - Sennheiser Headphones - Samsung 40 inch LCD's - Full HD Playback
PMedia
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby Benutzername » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 am

Just open Cubase's control surface SDK for public access and there will be developed dozens of (free) controller apps for Android (and Symbian, MeeGo, iToys etc) in no time by the community.
User avatar
Benutzername
Junior Member
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby JLiRD808 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah we need this already....I heard Cubase iC went to the iPad already too and completely skipped the recent Android boom...

WTF Steingberg? Spread it around already!!
JML SOUNDS

C6.5.4 - W7 x64 - i5 3570k 3.4Ghz - 8gb DDR3 - EMU 1212M - SM7B - Unidyne 545SD - GAP Pre 73 - HS80m's - UAD-1 - Yamaha KX49 - Presonus HP4 -Shure SRH840 - Equation RP-22x - NI/IK/Waves Bundles
JLiRD808
Member
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby PMedia » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Not many votes so far - thats disappointing but maybe that due to the lack of people in this forum. Anyway some more votes would be encouraging - Maybe someone can post this thread in the cubase forum for me - Because I'm a Nuendo user and can't post at cubase

Cheers
PC Win 7 64bit - Nuendo 5 - Intensity Pro - Neumann U87 - Sennheiser 416 - Schoeps CMIT - Mic Pres BuzzAudio & Focusrite - Euphonix MC Control & Mix - Tannoy Monitors - Sennheiser Headphones - Samsung 40 inch LCD's - Full HD Playback
PMedia
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby S4410 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I would love to see this one.I recently switched to an android smartphone and been playing with some apps for fun.But this-and more from Steinberg-can be a tool.It's certainly the future and i guess they are aware of it.There are some other threads in the forums asking for apps other than ios devices.
Windows 7 Home 64bit | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 16GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase 7.5 | Wavelab 8.5 | HSO 16bit | NI Komplete 9 | VSL Special Edition | Ableton Live 8 Intro(rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

Macbook 2.4 | Mac OS X 10.7.5 | Cubase Elements 6
User avatar
S4410
Junior Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby MrLockertsen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:45 pm

There is no good reason why Steinberg shouldn't make an Android version! Please, Steinberg, tell us that it's coming soon! :)
Win7 x64 Core i7 12GB Ram - Cubase6 - Addictive Drums - TC Electronic Konnekt6 - Korg M1 - POD xt & Bass POD - Røde Mic - Gibson Les Paul bass - Yamaha and Westone guitars - find my music here: http://kustus.info
MrLockertsen
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby MrLockertsen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Seriously... Who votes "no" on this question? :?
It's like voting down continued support for Mac or PC because it's not your preferred platform. It's just ignorant and silly. Now start voting for less features in Cubase. Aiff-support? Nah. I never use it. Ditch it. Support for Roland equipment? Out with it! I don't have any Roland products.
Come on!
Win7 x64 Core i7 12GB Ram - Cubase6 - Addictive Drums - TC Electronic Konnekt6 - Korg M1 - POD xt & Bass POD - Røde Mic - Gibson Les Paul bass - Yamaha and Westone guitars - find my music here: http://kustus.info
MrLockertsen
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby waveform » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:15 pm

I would say that Steinberg are being stupid in not having an android version due to the money they are losing out on, unless they are so well off they don't care. I put a comment up similar to this on their facebook page, underneath their latest announcement for the loopmash app, believe it or not not only did they delete the comment but removed me from their facebook group. I rejoined the group but they removed me in such a way that i cannot post comments anymore or even like stuff ! Bit immature/childish if you ask me, and definitely unprofessional :(
waveform
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby S4410 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:46 pm

(Ah yes,you have to be careful to what you say around here..be a good boy)

Android will take the market by storm so they will notice sooner or later
Windows 7 Home 64bit | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 16GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase 7.5 | Wavelab 8.5 | HSO 16bit | NI Komplete 9 | VSL Special Edition | Ableton Live 8 Intro(rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

Macbook 2.4 | Mac OS X 10.7.5 | Cubase Elements 6
User avatar
S4410
Junior Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby PMedia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 am

Read these stats and ask yourself WHY

2009-2010 Smart Phone Market Share

Android 4%-33.3% from 4th-1st 613% increase
Apple 8%-16% From 3rd-(still 3rd) 82% increase

Here's my WHY?
Its a bit like the whole Mac drivers only and no PC drivers for Euphonix artist controller. It just didn't make sense however we did finally (After many years) get PC drivers and heress how I think we did. Apple is known for its heavy handed aggressive corporate arm. The ONLY way we got PC drivers was because Euphonix sold to Avid and I'm guessing the exclusive rights contract with Euphonix was NOT Avid hence releasing PC Drivers.

Now the Apple iPhone was THE phone for a long time so it only makes sense that Steinberg developed the app for that platform first. And apple being apple probably made them sign an exclusive rights contract for the iphone. Its what apple does because the more apps available only on iphone then pushes us to buy the iphone. I nearly did but because I just can't stand the apple way/cult/hype.... I went Android and loving it.
PC Win 7 64bit - Nuendo 5 - Intensity Pro - Neumann U87 - Sennheiser 416 - Schoeps CMIT - Mic Pres BuzzAudio & Focusrite - Euphonix MC Control & Mix - Tannoy Monitors - Sennheiser Headphones - Samsung 40 inch LCD's - Full HD Playback
PMedia
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby crohde » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:13 am

Hello guys,

Just to clarify: We do not have any exclusivity deal with Apple and are thinking openly about other plattforms as well.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
User avatar
crohde
Moderator
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby atlatnesiti » Fri May 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Google OS is crap where it comes to coding music apps. Latency is terrible, no MIDI support, etc;...
Go and hastle Google about it, not Steinberg.
I am afraid that all of you google guys have chosen the wrong OS to create music on, but hey, you can still Google on it ;)
iMac i7 2.8GHz 16GB RAM, OS X.10.10, iPad Air 2 128GB LTE, iPad Air 128GB LTE, iOS 8.1, Quartet, M-Audio Axiom PRO 49, Cubase 8 Pro, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite 9, Reason 8, Tracktion 5, WaveLab Elements 8, various iOS Apps, VSTi's, AU's and hardware synths...
User avatar
atlatnesiti
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:48 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby savadious » Sat May 07, 2011 2:52 am

atlatnesiti wrote:Google OS is crap where it comes to coding music apps. Latency is terrible, no MIDI support, etc;...
Go and hastle Google about it, not Steinberg.
I am afraid that all of you google guys have chosen the wrong OS to create music on, but hey, you can still Google on it ;)



I personally have been given information from an "INSIDE SOURCE AT STEINBERG" who informed me that Steinberg does NOT have any type of 'exclusivity' agreement with Apple. In fact I was told by the (will remain anonymous for now) Steinberg source that they are "...thinking openly about other plattforms as well." !

That is GREAT news for me since I moved to asia where we have iPad influenced Android tablets for about 80 bux USD. I have been waiting for a long time for this!

LONG LIVE ANDROID !

Well.. until Steinberg actually makes this - I will be sticking to my iPad 2 though... but a dedicated $80 device that can stay on my desk and used as an IC... and NOT be missed... is welcome !


@atlatnesiti
I completely agree with you - after trying MIDI controllers for Android (over wifi) it feels like you are playing with 500ms latency OR MORE ! It is really impossible unless you are composing nursery rhymes at this moment.

HOWEVER !

It is VERY usable for a simple DAW CONTROLLER !

VERY - VERY - useable and low price... Imagine a touch screen CC121 and costs about 100 BUX for hardware (HK no-name factory made android tablets that is) !

One of many demos from youtube http://youtu.be/Ze1kk5o5vKk
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious
Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby waveform » Sat May 07, 2011 12:40 pm

savadious wrote:
atlatnesiti wrote:Google OS is crap where it comes to coding music apps. Latency is terrible, no MIDI support, etc;...
Go and hastle Google about it, not Steinberg.
I am afraid that all of you google guys have chosen the wrong OS to create music on, but hey, you can still Google on it ;)



I personally have been given information from an "INSIDE SOURCE AT STEINBERG" who informed me that Steinberg does NOT have any type of 'exclusivity' agreement with Apple. In fact I was told by the (will remain anonymous for now) Steinberg source that they are "...thinking openly about other plattforms as well." !

That is GREAT news for me since I moved to asia where we have iPad influenced Android tablets for about 80 bux USD. I have been waiting for a long time for this!

LONG LIVE ANDROID !

Well.. until Steinberg actually makes this - I will be sticking to my iPad 2 though... but a dedicated $80 device that can stay on my desk and used as an IC... and NOT be missed... is welcome !


@atlatnesiti
I completely agree with you - after trying MIDI controllers for Android (over wifi) it feels like you are playing with 500ms latency OR MORE ! It is really impossible unless you are composing nursery rhymes at this moment.

HOWEVER !

It is VERY usable for a simple DAW CONTROLLER !

VERY - VERY - useable and low price... Imagine a touch screen CC121 and costs about 100 BUX for hardware (HK no-name factory made android tablets that is) !

One of many demos from youtube http://youtu.be/Ze1kk5o5vKk


Well said savadious, you tell the apple lover. p.s. love the link with the android remote app, very cool :)
waveform
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby atlatnesiti » Wed May 11, 2011 1:40 am

If you like the link to that little android app, you should check this one out:
http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html
;)
iMac i7 2.8GHz 16GB RAM, OS X.10.10, iPad Air 2 128GB LTE, iPad Air 128GB LTE, iOS 8.1, Quartet, M-Audio Axiom PRO 49, Cubase 8 Pro, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite 9, Reason 8, Tracktion 5, WaveLab Elements 8, various iOS Apps, VSTi's, AU's and hardware synths...
User avatar
atlatnesiti
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:48 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby savadious » Wed May 11, 2011 2:29 am

atlatnesiti wrote:If you like the link to that little android app, you should check this one out:
http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html
;)



WOW !

Atlatnesiti - thx for sharing... just dropped my 7 bux on that - it looks AWESOME !

Everytime I try to highlight Android for DAW use - fingers always point back to iOS devices !

I can not help but to get this one - it has a CUBASE TEMPLATE BUILT IN !!! OMG !

Image
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious
Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby crohde » Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 am

savadious wrote:I personally have been given information from an "INSIDE SOURCE AT STEINBERG" who informed me that Steinberg does NOT have any type of 'exclusivity' agreement with Apple. In fact I was told by the (will remain anonymous for now) Steinberg source that they are "...thinking openly about other plattforms as well." !


That's no big secret, I wrote that on another thread in this forum! :lol:
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
User avatar
crohde
Moderator
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby savadious » Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm

crohde wrote:
savadious wrote:I personally have been given information from an "INSIDE SOURCE AT STEINBERG" who informed me that Steinberg does NOT have any type of 'exclusivity' agreement with Apple. In fact I was told by the (will remain anonymous for now) Steinberg source that they are "...thinking openly about other plattforms as well." !


That's no big secret, I wrote that on another thread in this forum! :lol:



Note to everyone:
One of my sources has just been disclosed !

You heard it here first :oops:
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious
Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby Pete » Thu May 12, 2011 2:51 pm

PMedia wrote:Read these stats and ask yourself WHY

2009-2010 Smart Phone Market Share

Android 4%-33.3% from 4th-1st 613% increase
Apple 8%-16% From 3rd-(still 3rd) 82% increase

Here's my WHY?
Its a bit like the whole Mac drivers only and no PC drivers for Euphonix artist controller. It just didn't make sense however we did finally (After many years) get PC drivers and heress how I think we did. Apple is known for its heavy handed aggressive corporate arm. The ONLY way we got PC drivers was because Euphonix sold to Avid and I'm guessing the exclusive rights contract with Euphonix was NOT Avid hence releasing PC Drivers.

Now the Apple iPhone was THE phone for a long time so it only makes sense that Steinberg developed the app for that platform first. And apple being apple probably made them sign an exclusive rights contract for the iphone. Its what apple does because the more apps available only on iphone then pushes us to buy the iphone. I nearly did but because I just can't stand the apple way/cult/hype.... I went Android and loving it.


Get an iPod touch and get over it :)
Sweden
MacPro 2.8. 10 gig Ram. OS 10.9.2, MacBookPro, 2x MH ULN-2 2D +DSP, Focusrite OctoPre, MOTU midi express XT, Roland keyboard, JV1080, Cubase7, LogicProX, DSP-Quattro, Sibelius 7, NI Komplete, FabFilter, PSP, OhmForce, Aether, AltiVerb, AutoTune, Melodyne. Cubase IC Pro
Pete
Junior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby Pete » Thu May 12, 2011 2:53 pm

savadious wrote:
atlatnesiti wrote:If you like the link to that little android app, you should check this one out:
http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html
;)



WOW !

Atlatnesiti - thx for sharing... just dropped my 7 bux on that - it looks AWESOME !

Everytime I try to highlight Android for DAW use - fingers always point back to iOS devices !

I can not help but to get this one - it has a CUBASE TEMPLATE BUILT IN !!! OMG !

Image


Just gave this one a go - one more wow...
Sweden
MacPro 2.8. 10 gig Ram. OS 10.9.2, MacBookPro, 2x MH ULN-2 2D +DSP, Focusrite OctoPre, MOTU midi express XT, Roland keyboard, JV1080, Cubase7, LogicProX, DSP-Quattro, Sibelius 7, NI Komplete, FabFilter, PSP, OhmForce, Aether, AltiVerb, AutoTune, Melodyne. Cubase IC Pro
Pete
Junior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby waveform » Sun May 15, 2011 12:56 pm

atlatnesiti wrote:If you like the link to that little android app, you should check this one out:
http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html
;)


This is the android thread, wtf are u doing posting links to osx apps here ! Go start an osx thread for your apple stuff !! :(

Touchdaw looks like it has more functionality imho.
waveform
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby savadious » Sun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm

waveform wrote:
atlatnesiti wrote:If you like the link to that little android app, you should check this one out:
http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Core.html
;)


This is the android thread, wtf are u doing posting links to osx apps here ! Go start an osx thread for your apple stuff !! :(

Touchdaw looks like it has more functionality imho.


I keep trying my best to support android. I think it was put best by that handsome stud above who said
Everytime I try to highlight Android for DAW use - fingers always point back to iOS devices !


Its like trying to make techno music with a tympani... fingers always point back to 909's and 303's leaving the decent tympani in the cold....

as hetfield would say "sad but true". :lol:
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious
Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby MrLockertsen » Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 am

Isn't it typical Apple fanboys to crash an Android thread... The same people who are voting "no" on Android support?
What is that? Are you sad that a better and cheaper platform is winning the mobile platform war? So you come here to bully those of us that just want to work and improve the support for every platform? - without dissing iOS or any other platform of choice. Be happy that you have a good device which Steinberg supports, and let those of us who prefer Android work to improve our platform - in peace.
Grow up.
Win7 x64 Core i7 12GB Ram - Cubase6 - Addictive Drums - TC Electronic Konnekt6 - Korg M1 - POD xt & Bass POD - Røde Mic - Gibson Les Paul bass - Yamaha and Westone guitars - find my music here: http://kustus.info
MrLockertsen
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby waveform » Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 am

MrLockertsen wrote:Isn't it typical Apple fanboys to crash an Android thread... The same people who are voting "no" on Android support?
What is that? Are you sad that a better and cheaper platform is winning the mobile platform war? So you come here to bully those of us that just want to work and improve the support for every platform? - without dissing iOS or any other platform of choice. Be happy that you have a good device which Steinberg supports, and let those of us who prefer Android work to improve our platform - in peace.
Grow up.


Thank you, I was beginning to think i was the only non apple fanboy in this android thread !
waveform
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to Cubase iC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest