Cubase Navigation is the worst!

@-syra

Software designers have to make a lot of design decisions, typically reflecting an aggregated operational bias in the way they approach the work the software is supporting. The product biases will obviously appeal to those who share the same operational psychology. You seem to like Logic’s biases, so use it instead of Cubase, but there are many who find Logic’s biases odd and quirky. Does that make one better than the other per se? No. It just reflects that there is no one DAW fits all, because we are not all the same. If you do not understand that, you are a fool!

As for operational optimisations, they don’t always make it faster. When I did PCB design a couple of decades ago, we used a couple of programs at the design bureau where I worked: Cadstar and Protel.

I was impressed with Cadstar because its mouse operations were highly context-sensitive and seemed very ‘intuitive’, whereas Protel seemed very much the ‘manually select tool, then use’. However, the fastest CAD user in the bureau was a young guy on Protel. In the end, perhaps it was more straightforward because its operation was not full of special cases.

With complex software, overall efficiency with it can depend more upon how one can keep it all conceptually in your head for hours on end, rather than what one can do for a 10 second YouTube monkey trick.

Grow up, use Logic if you like, perhaps spend 10 seconds regretting that you bought Cubase, then go away and we will all have peaceful and productive lives.