Has anyone actually tried Cubase on Windows 10?

Now that is a good idea. Hello Steinberg, please advise.

The statement Ed Doll posted in the topic titled “Windows 10 - Please Do Not Upgrade” is too general to let us users make an informed decision.

Regards :sunglasses:

If SB gives specific advice, they will have to support users who took that advice. They want to have all their ducks in a row before doing so.

I have a 2i2 that works fine on one of my machines that I upgraded to Windows 10. I tested it with Guitar Rig and Kontakt in Standalone, Windows Media Player, and Cubase. Everything seems to work fine.

I didn’t mean to imply (and I don’t think I did) that I want Steinberg to give specific advice, or in any way approve of going to Win 10 but… they could provide a few more specifics about what issues have been seen and what the possible consequences of doing so might be. A perfect example is the reference to the Quick Time Player issue. Maybe they could say (with no guarantee) that it most likely would not be an issue for those who don’t use the video portion of CB. Or maybe they have seen that not having the latest QT version causes CB to hang during startup.

Anyway, I guess this thought is a moot as they will never do what a few have asked for because of the reasons you stated. So… fugetaboutit :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Well, we all do know that no matter how much specific information they give, there will ALWAYS be those asking for more… They could put a 24 hour running chat room to answer questions and some will still say it is not enough and continue to ask the same questions and be unsatisfied with the answers and say that they don’t care about their customers and that they are sitting on their hands and they aren’t working hard enough or fast enough.

Sorry… I was lured down a rabbit hole… :blush:

Okay then, now that that’s settled :wink: , back to “Has anyone actually tried Cubase on Windows 10?”

I bit the bullet and upgraded from W7 but chose the ‘clean install’ which is one of the three installation options.
I’m still in the process of reinstalling all the software but so far so good, only some funny installer behaviour whereby the usual installer UI shows but another, Windows one, pops up kind of taking over. But that does not upset the process.

Someone mentioned issues with Waves, works as expected here…my licences are on a USB stick.

Hi,

Yes I have been using Cubase Pro 8 with the Windows 10 upgrade and all working perfectly fine here :smiley:

As I have said in other threads, if anything, Cubase seems to work better for me :astonished:

Jim B

C8 seems good so far, only issue is with ilock!
have to go into:
Services
Select Pace
Right click and select “start” for it to run.

Windows 10 seemed okay at first and like all the other early adopter lemmings was hoping for the best - but my ESU1808 refused to work, I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but no luck at all, I tried a couple of compatibility modes but nothing doing. Sound Forge 10 Pro seemed to load, including the last waveform I’d worked on in W7 but it was frozen and iZotope Ozone 6 was similarly unresponsive. I didn’t even get to checking the timing issues reported by SB.

Then to cap it all :laughing: my precious Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific wouldn’t start. N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!

The good news is that it seems to have rolled back to W7 with no issues at all. I’ll try again in six months :frowning:

I was mulling it over - but from what I’m reading I’ll take the devs advice and not update to 10 until they’re comfy

Sorry to hear things didn’t quite work out this time…

I’m curious - what did you do/how difficult was it to roll back…? Any particular steps during the upgrade process to more easily accommodate this, I should watch out for…?

I’m building my escape plans, ahead of an attempt to upgrade this weekend, for kicks…! (from Win8.1 but shouldn’t be vastly different to Win7)

Cheers for any insight,
Bob

(PS:- just watched the trailer for SH4; made me think, damn those U-boats were deadly…!)

It’s a very simple process - in “Settings” just click “Restore Windows 7”. I expected it to be a long process but it only took ten minutes or so. W10 warned me that I might have to reinstall some programs but everything is working fine. Having tried W10 I am no longer burning with curiosity so I’m in no hurry to install it again. It didn’t seem to load any faster than W7, Cubase still had the “Video Engine Has Stopped Working” on shutdown and didn’t seem any more nimble, and there’s so much crap going on in the background with the resulting disk access.

I really don’t want to play Angry Birds or Candy Crush or know the outside air temperature etc. etc. etc. It was as though Windows 10 turned my PC into something from Fisher-Price :laughing:

I havent noticed any issues in C8 Pro with Win 10 but I did run into issues with the eLicenser on both machines where I use C8 with Win 10. Had to perform maintenance on it twice on each machine… did anyone else have to do this?

I have and I have drop outs . I had to repair my eLicencer. Not blaming any one and I am not qualified to know the root of the problem so opinions would be misleading. Windows 10 allows a restore/return to Win 8 for one month and although this is helpful to restore use, I gaze at the Steinberg page hoping for a small piece of positive news and recognise they must be working on it. My Atari still seems a long time ago:)

Running windows 10 on my laptop (Cubase artist) and on my desktop (cubase pro), no problems encountered (yet) :ugeek:

I’m running Windows 10, and have not experienced any severe issues.

I tried it for about 14 hours and it made no difference to me (from the music creation point of view) and it comes with a lot of ‘stuff’’ that I just don’t need so I rolled back to 7…
Cubase 8 didn’t run any better than it does now for me…actually had worse spikes on my performance meter with 10…

my verdict is you don’t need it…in the music production sense…so what’s the point in upgrading just for the sake of it :question:

For you Windows 10 users (I am waiting for the green light from Steinberg). I use this company’s backup/imaging software and it is excellent. I will get this when I get 10.

O&O:

~Mark

Yes, working fine here since about a week on 2 of my Systems…
here’s how I did it…

Home Notebook - Lenovo E531

• Imaged the WIN8.1 Drive
  • Started the WIN10 update with an ISO DVD (not a fresh install… was too lazy to go through installing everthing again)
  • Lenovo System Update
  • Focusrite Saffire 6 USB: working
  • Test Cubase8 Elements: working
  • Test Magix Studio 2014: working

After some short testing I decided to go for the Studio PC

Studio PC - (Specs in the sig.)

• Imaged the WIN7 OS drive
  • Started the WIN10 update (not a fresh install) with the ISO DVD. The NIC on my Studio PC is always disabled in BIOS
  • After the update, started the NIC to unlock Windows get updates and so on
  • Updated the ASUS board drivers
  • RME 9652 Drivers 4.10 updated - OK
  • Test Cubase8: working
  • Test Samplitude: After re installing PROX and PROX2, unlocking and installing all updates, everything was OK
  • Everything else, ilok Stuff, VST/VSTi’s is working