Metronome and Instrument tracks are not in sync

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Metronome and Instrument tracks are not in sync

Postby spttdmk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 am

I have instrument tracks and Ive inserted the notes in the drum and key editors so I know they're on beat but when I hit record the metronome and inst tracks arent in sync. Anybody else have this issue?
spttdmk

Re: Metronome and Instrument tracks are not in sync

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Is Plugin Delay Compensation enabled? Post all DAW specs.

Postby spttdmk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Im using halion one for my instrument tracks and I go into the drum editor and click my notes in while I have the metronome selected to play during playback. So I used the track delay in ms to adjust the drum track to play on beat with the metronome and they are off by about 250ms. Ive gone into the metronome setup and theres nothing there that seemed to help.
spttdmk

Postby chrisyking » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

Try setting the metronome to play a wav file (of a sidestick or whatever you want) rather than using the onboard beep. I've found the onboard beep to be unreliable. Yet another MAJOR co&k up from Steiny.
chrisyking

Postby thinkingcap » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 am

spttdmk wrote:Im using halion one for my instrument tracks and I go into the drum editor and click my notes in while I have the metronome selected to play during playback. So I used the track delay in ms to adjust the drum track to play on beat with the metronome and they are off by about 250ms. Ive gone into the metronome setup and theres nothing there that seemed to help.

And what are you using as metronome? MIDI Click or audio click? If MIDI click - what are you using as sound generating device in the metronome setup? Hopefully not MS wavetable synth..?
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby Split » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 am

In other words, is the metronome playing incorrectly to the grid?
??????Split
slightly uncertain principles

i7 2600k 16 gig C6.5.3 W7 64
2x24" + 1x19" monitors

and more stuff than a stuffy thing in stuffy land
Split
Grand Senior Member

Postby spttdmk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Strange, I went into some of my other projects and went to metronome setup and clicked in Activate Audio Click instead of MIDI Click and on some projects it worked with audio click and others it did not. I checked to see if there were any differences in settings between the projects and there were not. A $500 daw and im Fin with the metronome!
spttdmk

Return to Older Cubase versions