Change path of VSTi content

I had my VSTi sample content all over the place - different folders, different hard drives, and decided to consolidate it all into one place. Now of course, Cubase cannot locate the content (the plug ins themselves were not moved - just the content).

Is there an easy way to point Cubase in the direction of the new folder for my hundreds of instruments - or does each one have to be done manually?

Problem is I have the entire NI Komplete Ultimate Collection, Steinberg Absolute, Halion, and much more. It could take forever manually.

Thanks!

Hi Chony

I’m afraid this is nothing to do with Cubase! I’ve been through exactly the same thing, I also use NI Komplete and you have to reconfigure each VST ie Kontakt, Battery, Absynth etc., and point them to the new directory. The same goes for Halion Symphonic Orchestra although that is pretty quick, probably the same for the others too, sorry for bringing bad news, I’m afraid you’ll just have to swallow the bitter pill:-))

Best Regards

Dave

Thank you Dave,

Do you know how to do it within each program?

Problem is that I have more than 50 instruments in Kontakt and it wants me to do each one individually! Same for Cubase, etc. Is there a shortcut that would allow me to do each package in one go instead of each individual instrument?

Isn’t that what the Kontakt batch resave is for?

Hi Chony

I don’t think there’s a batch thing, but as I recall I dealt with it as required, ie as I loaded a required instrument it would ask where the samples were and I’d tell it. The other way may be to reload Komplete (maybe the others too) but NOT the library’s, there might be a way to direct the VST’s to the new sample location. I’ll keep thinking on’t:-)

Best Regards

Dave

There is a batch thing for Kontakt at least… Search Kontakt manual for batch resave.

Go into the options of kontakt, point to the new library destination and rebuild data base

Hi All

Just to say that Outsounder is absolutely right, I think it’s Kontakt/Options/Database Tab (just had a look), jeez wish I’d known that, could’ve saved an awful lot of time

Best Regards

Dave

I’d say that the fastest way is to delete the library databases for your samplers and then reinstall them from the new location. That’s what I did recently when I moved my libraries to a new drive. The whole operation took about 30 minutes.

Just to say that Outsounder is absolutely right, I think it’s Kontakt/Options/Database Tab (just had a look), jeez wish I’d known that, could’ve saved an awful lot of time

Pretty sure this is not “absolutely correct”.
I ran a test and it made zero difference to a library with missing (moved) files.