one MIDI input port to multiple MIDI output ports

Is it possible to map a single MIDI input port to all MIDI output ports with out having to create a Midi track with MIDI output set for each MIDI channel I want to use.

So for example I have a MIDI keyboard (AKAI MPK range) with assignable PADs that I want to control any other external MIDI instrument. I currently have to open a MIDI track and set to the keyboard input MIDI port then set the output MIDI port to the instrument I want to control, I then do this for all the other instruments I want to control via that keyboard. This works OK but is laborious and I am sure there must be a better way to do this.

On the Midi track inspector the help text when you hover over the Midi Output port routing says “Output routing all selected with <shift + alt + click>” I have tried this but I can not get this to do anything.

You can do this with midi sends. The trick is to not select a midi plugin instead you just select the midi out. This gives you four additional midi outputs per midi track.

Edit: Five midi outputs might not be equal to “all midi outputs” in your case of course.

Lars,

Thank you and yes that is a good answer but my system has many more MIDI outputs and I was hoping to get this into a single MIDI track to keep things tidy.
However may be you can look at this, on the Midi track inspector the help text when you hover over the Midi Output port routing says “Output routing all selected with <shift + alt + click>” I have tried this but I can not get it to do anything.
Do you know anymore about this as I could not find anything on the web or in the documentation and yet there seems to be tantalizing option that could do exactly what I want?

Keith

The shift+alt+click when setting the midi output is when you have a number of midi tracks, say for example 12, and you want to set the output of all 12 tracks to the same midi output. Then you select all the 12 midi tracks and hold down shift+alt when selecting the midi output on one of the midi tracks.

Out of curiosity, how many midi outputs do you have and why do you want a single midi track to be the source of all of them?

Sincerely
Lars-Erik