8 days and still no resolution....
I did trash the preferences, did the cmd line eLicenser install and still nothing.
Cubase cust. support logged on remotely on my machine and couldn't fix it.
Cust. support mention that something might be going on with the .net package as the newest eLicenser uses that.
So last solution (kinda worked) was to use the original CD and install LE4 version 4.0.3 with the old version of eLicenser that is on the CD.
I uninstalled LE4 and eLicenser from Add/Remove programs (Control Panel).
I kinda dug out my software developer hat from days of old and thought about seeing what happens in the registry as it looked to me like something wasn't getting deleted either from system files or keeping an entry in the registry...
I went through the registry, did a search and removed all entries pertaining to:
Then popped in the original install CD, put it 4.0.3 and eLicenser which back then used to be SyncrosoftLicenseControl Center or something like that.
The program and licenser installed correctly, LE4 will open but back at the 4.0.3 buggy software (the audio editor crashes the whole thing).
Then I tried the 4.1.2 patch and it automatically tries to install eLicenser which then again broke the installation.
So day 8 and I still can't get to my music...