Embracer and Monologue missing

Hi Weasel,
(I presume you are using Cubase 6.0.2 now?)
Are you still replacing Embracer and Monologue with the versions from Cubase 5?

Btw, I also presume that we are discussing Cubase 6 in 32-bit mode? (No PPC-only plugin can load into Cubase 6 in 64-bit mode)

(I presume you are using Cubase 6.0.2 now?)
Are you still replacing Embracer and Monologue with the versions from Cubase 5?

Btw, I also presume that we are discussing Cubase 6 in 32-bit mode? (No PPC-only plugin can load into Cubase 6 in 64-bit mode)

Yep, yep and yep.

I still can’t get the supplied 6.02 E&M plugs to show up. Only the older ones appear to work. This one truly baffles me (as you know, we did go through a bit of Prefectomy® exercises in the original thread to no avail).

Yes, that one is truly baffling. (The strangest being that it doesn’t work with completely virgin Preferences).

Aloha guys,

Same here.
{‘-’}

BUMP…

still a problem, Steiny are you gonna fix this?

:open_mouth:

Have the same problem. Cubase 6.0.5, running in 32 bit mode, no Embracer or Monologue. Tried to use another vst path than default, no result.

This is the main reason why I avoid Prologue, Spector and Mystic. There are too many plug-in corpses left by Steinberg.

Aloha,

Yeah I believe those two guys need ‘Rosetta’ to run and
there is no Rosetta in Lion.

Me thinks they may work with Snow Leopard tho’ because
SN has Rosetta.

{‘-’}

thanks.
So there is no way to use them on Lion?

Nope. :frowning:

Can we get a comment from anyone at Steinberg as to whether they intend to fix this?

I have Mac OSX 10.6.8 and Cubase 6.0.0 and everything works great. When I up-graded to 6.0.5 on Cubase
I lost a number of plug-ins and could not get them back. Had to go back to 6.0.0. I don’t dare up-grade. I’m perfectly content with everything just the way it is now. Why create problems for myself?
Fortunately there are many of you guy’s to help me get back on track. I don’t know what I would do without
all of you.

It would be great to update Embracer and Monologue to 64bits too…

+1

This is what I did to get Embracer, Monologue and Tonic to appear and work properly in MAC OSX 10.6.8.

1. I reinstalled Cubase Esstenial 5.
  2. Opened the applications folder(Mac System Drive) and right clicked on the Cubase Essential 5 app.
  3. Under the general tap, checked the box, Run using Rosetta.
  4. Opened Cubase Essential 5.
  5. When asked to install Rosetta, answered yes.
  6. Closed Cubase Essential 5.
  7. Opened Cubase 6.5.1, went into plugin manager and rescanned for plugins.
  8. Embracer, Monologue and tonic appeared.
  9. Opened a project that uses Embracer, all is well.

I don’t know if this will work with Lion, I don’t plan to upgrade anytime soon, but it may be worth a shot for those having problems with Lion.

Embracer and Monologue (along with any PPC plugin) will not work in Lion OS X as it does not and will not support Rosetta.

This is Apple’s doing when they released Lion.

And here is another whopper: Almost all of Mountain Lion runs on 64bit kernals only. Start saying goodbye to 32bit on Mac (and good riddance too).

same thing happened with Cakewalk’s Rapture & Dimension Pro synths – they use Rosetta, so Mac Lion users, kiss those goodbye.

As lame as it may seem for apple to drop Rosetta, it’s an ancient script (as I understand) that was developed as a sort of stop-gap to begin with. What really needs to happen is all these synths get updated so that they don’t need Rosetta in the first place. But I doubt that’s gonna happen…ever.

-M

+1
{‘-’}

Aloha guys,

This thread might shed some helpful info
on this topic.

{‘-’}