license fail with Halion Sonic SE

Hi

All of a sudden when I open cubase I get the msg. I had run 6.02 for a couple of weekend now with no problem

‘License error. No vaild license found for
HALion Sonic SE HSO Factory Preset 01
HALion Sonic Factory Program Presets 02’

(cubase 6.02 on a Macbook)

I have run the License activation application many time to check all the Licenses.

Also when I I try to open a project that has Halion is just give me an license error msg and freezes

Thanks

Do you have HSO? Or have you installed the demo version of HSO which comes with C6?

Once the demo runs out, you will get this licence error message and its a PAIN to get rid of. I actually ended up with an unusable Project because I couldn’t get past it. I had to trace all the components of HalionSonic (there is no uninstall option) and then re-install it.

[edt to add - this was with HalionSonic full version, not SE, but the problem may be the same]

I have just started to get this error message. I bought the full version o f HS. Any ideas from Steinberg. Seems a little strange for it to be designed this way. Kinda leaves us hanging!
Cheers,
James

Yes I have the demo version that came with 6

I also have a project which i can’t open. I was thinking to uninstall Halion but didn’t want to dive into that just yet. Wouldn’t know where to start to find it

I really need to get this project back. Normally when a demo period runs out you open the project but you can’t use it. Kinda makes me feel like not trying any cubase demo’s again.

Still nothing Steinberg?

This thread might help if your demo version of HSO has expired.

Thank you Richard

Hi Adam,

Download the latest version of www.elicenser.net and click on the “maintenance” button! :slight_smile:

Thank you Carlos

I tried what you just said and still got the same msg from cubase. Even tried to re-install and got an error msg and it wouldn’t let me

really stuck on this one. I tried Richards method to remove HSO and that got rid of one error msg but still can’t open the project

Thanks

Adam

Hello, I get the same message: License error. No vaild license found for HALion Sonic SE HSO Factory Preset 01. Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of that annoying message? :cry:

I got rid of it but it was a massive effort,

first I did this

Then I re-installed everything.

I still get a different msg when I open projects, a list of all the preset which I cant use but I jsut close the window and the normal version of Halion works,

total nightmare tho

After getting a PM from Triton King, I pointed him to this thread on the VSTi forum which eventually sorted out my Licence error problems with HalionSonic. It was a slightly different problem to the one he described but might help someone if they have tried re-installing HS after manually uninstalling it, only to find it wont install…

I have the same problem. Installed HSO demo and after trial ended, i got that anoying message too and cant get rid of it.

Very suprised to see theres still no solution to this, considering how much trouble this give the steinberg customers.

what the hell is this? I’m getting this problem too now… I got rid of Halion 4 ages ago, I removed it in every single file of fashion I can think of… this error keeps popping up at every start and instance up of cubase, why now? I got no idea what’s triggered this? my cubase was running squeaky clean until I got this dirty message, have I come into the forum too early for a fix yet is the problem fresh? I attempted to try and fix it myself searched everywhere for the dodgey file I can not find it. Please help!

Error
'License error. No vaild license found for
HALion Sonic Trail.

Hello,

The error message is refering to Halion Sonic Trial and not Halion 4.

Cheers,

Chris

Halsion Sonic SE? this is confusing… I thought Halion Sonic SE was like a cutdown version of Halion which was included for FREE into Cubase… no where did I see Halion Sonic SE in the beginning mentioning it was a trial, just doesnt seem right…
If you have Halion Sonic SE and Halion 4, why not just include Halion Sonic SE for Free into cubase? And If I recall correctly when I installed Cubase in the beginning I remember it saying would you like to install Halion Trial I don’t remember it asking Halion Sonic SE trial…
So where is the un-install for Halion Sonic anyways I need to get rid of it if its causing problems.

Guys, this is so easy to fix… If your trial license has expired and you don’t intend to upgrade to the full license, you should uninstall the trial plugins and soundbanks…

on the mac, just find these folders:

machd/library/audio/plugins/vst
machd/library/audio/plugins/vst3

and remove all files related to the plugin that is giving the error when you try to open a project…

then go to

machd/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/vst sound

and remove any trial soundbanks that have expired, getting rid of the error message.

The project won’t have the sounds and plugins that you just deleted, but your license wasn’t valid anymore so there’s no real problem in doing this…

If you need the sounds, just go to the online shop and upgrade your trial to a full license.

Hope this helps!

Where is the HALion Sonic SE software located on your website? Where is the VST instrument presets? Where is everything?!?! I Have tried to reach you for several days no, but I haver not heard “pip” from you. I´m beginning to get a little bit angry now!

I downloaded the factory presets from your website, but now I am unable to relocate it. I have not purchased HALion Sonic SE. I have purchased Halion Sonic and HALion 4.

Is the factory prersets that I downloaded not copitable with my products?

I have also tried to call phone support, but they are not avaiable! All I get, is an authomatic phone answer.

I AM SO effing ANGRY NOW THAT I WANT TO BOMB THE FUKING STEINBERG COMPANY FROM HERE TO HELL!!!

I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON DIFFERENT PRODUCTS FROM STEINBERG, AND THEY ARE GIVING ME NOTHING BUT TROUBBLE!!!

AND THE SUPPORT CAN ■■■■ THEMSELVES IN THE ASS!!! I HAVE WROTE 10 E-MAILS, AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A SINGLE ANSWER!!!

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I CANNOT OPEN ANY PROJECT THAT CONTAINS ANY PLUG IN FROM STEINBERG. THE ELICENSER USB PIN IS effing UNBELIEVEABLE!!! IT SAYS THAT EVERYTHING IS OK AND THAT MY ACTIVATION CODES IS OK. BUT WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A PROJECT (IN CUBASE 7, PRO TOOLS 10 OR LOGIC PRO 9), IT CRASHES AND AN ERROR MESSASGE SAYS THAT THERE ARE NO LICENSES ON HALION SONIC, HALION 4, NEO SOUL KEYS…

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!!

I AM IN BIG TROUBBLE BECAUSE I HAVE PROJECTS GOING ON FOR SEVERAL CUSTOMERS. AND THEY WILL KILL ME IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

I HAVE 5 COPIES OF EVERY PROJECT STORED ON DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARDDISC´S, SO I AM NOT AFFRAID OF LOOSING ANYTHING. BUT WHAT CAN I DO WHEN I CANT OPEN THEM!!!

Search with the explorer for these files:

FCP_SMT_027_HSO_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_057_HS_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_099_HS_VST3_Presets_02.vstsound

Than you can delete this files or you move this to tmp.

Now you can run cubase and you have no problems!

Best regards
Michael Seidel