Setting up midi playback Cubase LE5 via Notebook soundcard

I think you work for Cubase Mr Tinking cap. I have used other crippled software where the Vendor has stated that no technical support would be available. I registered with Cubase, they stated that technical support would be made available and promised to respond to my query. And there is still no reply from them. Poor support of a limited product would discourage me and many others from upgrading to the full version. How would anyone know if support for the full retail version would be any better? You seem to have a strange view of what customer service is about.
I’ve spoken to a number of people who share my view, not yours, that Cubase documentation is not as user friendly or intuitive as that of other products. One ditched Cubase and went for Ableton saying it’s documentation was far better. I have found out by trail, error and experimentation how to map cubase midi via VST plugins so maybe I am not as “thick” as you are trying to imply. A manual should explain how to confugure settings clearly as well as give an overview of functions.