Cubase Pro 8 - personal request

if anyone has a few spare minutes to see if these changes have been made… would appreciate it immensely

Ability to Save Group / FX Channel settings. ?

Can we save Multi-track presets ie; Instrument / FX / Group ?

Does this new engine rebuild allow for example… a USB mic ??

Sample Accurate automation ??? (please… :slight_smile: )

thanks in advance…

Hey Majic,
Had Cubase 8 running for about 20 hours now. Here’s what I got for you (to the best of my knowledge).

Ability to Save Group / FX Channel settings. ?

You can save settings from MixConsole—and always have been able to.

Can we save Multi-track presets ie; Instrument / FX / Group ?

Doesn’t seem as if this has changed. Your only options are to Export/Import Track Archives, make track presets or make .vmx files sorted by type of track, and load those. An audio channel preset (only) can load up as many tracks as you wish from the Add Track From track Preset function—but not FX or Group Channels. Odd!

Does this new engine rebuild allow for example… a USB mic ??

Not sure I follow you. My girlfriend records on a USB mic/interface with Cubase 5!

ASIDE: Why would a guy who’s worried about sample-accurate automation ever want to use a USB mic, if I may ask?

Sample Accurate automation ??? (please… > :slight_smile: > )

You just blew my mind. All this time, I didn’t realise there was a problem with automation and sync. Wow. Might explain some of those little… “How did I let that get by?” moments I’ve had… That’s bad.

Thanks a lot for looking into this for me.

I use USB mics St workshops with limited equipment.

Shame we can’t save group/fx presets or add them to track presets.

Yeah the sample accurate automation has been omitted since a few versions ago :frowning:

To be clear, you can make Track Presets for FX and Groups! They will show up in your poster presets and Media Rack.

You just can’t add a new track from those presets. You can load an empty Group and load the preset into that. Not perfect, but not too bad, really.

really? I thought it was always gone…

i dunno, recall someone saying it had been in there at some point…not 100% sure…

either way i’d like it back ! :laughing: