Loopmash Free - Unlock Full Version Purchase

Loopmash Free - Unlock Full Version Purchase

Postby ssissa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Nice to be able to have the Loopmash Free option change to Loopmash only automatically - i.e. bought it so it's not really free. Should I uninstall the "free" version to get the "paid" icon? Not a show stopper but nice to be able to differentiate.
ssissa

Re: Loopmash Free - Unlock Full Version Purchase

Postby crohde » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Hello ssissa,

I will investigate if that is possible! :)
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
crohde

Postby crohde » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi ssissa,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the icon and the name of LoopMash Free to LoopMash. :?
Best regards,

Hamburg, Germany
crohde

Postby ssissa » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Poor programming quality control by keeping the "Purchase Full Version" within the free version then. An uninstall and install then is impossible also? Don't own any Steinberg products but this one but you can envision my worries with bigger fledged programs :(. Either way, that stops me wanting to buy any expansions then. I'd advise working with Apple to figure out a way in the future and then maybe I'll buy more expansions within. Until then, I'm not upset but don't want to invest more in the product.
ssissa

Postby crohde » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 am

Hello ssissa,

I'm sorry, but we do not offer a "Purchase full version" or an "Upgrade" inside LoopMash Free. We offer "unlocking the features of the full version".
Best regards,

Hamburg, Germany
crohde

Postby ssissa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:48 pm

So a matter of semantics which still means I have paid to unlock the full versions features in a program showing free. So you win, but I win in now I'm assured with your response that I will never buy Steinberg software nor recommend it. I told you it would be nice but responses have been poor and lacking. Danke fuer ihre helfe.
ssissa

Postby crohde » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:15 pm

By the way, it is not like we don't want to allow the icon and the name to change, it is simply technically not possible to rename an app, this is an Apple restriction... :oops:
Best regards,

Hamburg, Germany
crohde

Postby ssissa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 am

Hence why I wrote: " I'd advise working with Apple to figure out a way in the future and then maybe I'll buy more expansions within." in one of my messages according to one application.

My point was not to start an argument but to point out a flaw in the icon not being exchangeable and it could have been left with the fact that I don't want to buy expansions for a program that seems to have what I see is a flaw - regardless from Apple or Steinberg.

What would be recommended is keeping the free program free but not to necessarily splatter the free version on the icon with a different icon and text that you are now aware cannot be changed. Simply keep the icons the same and keep the fact internal that it is free. There are better means to QC a product than argue with someone who could have been a future customer. I'm glad that my continued learning in music does not require me to use products like Cubase because God knows what arguments I would have gotten into if I needed real help. My research in Cubase was after all how I discovered Loopmash "Free" and figured I'd take one of your cheaper app programs for a "test drive".

Hopefully my feedback on Loopmash Free helps you guys on releasing an enhanced version in the future. Otherwise, I will no longer respond but thank you for attempting in between.
ssissa

Return to LoopMash