Feature Addition Request: Save As Template WITHOUT MEDIA

+2
{‘-’}

Gonna jump up and down until this gets done :slight_smile:

No question, must needed feature … right after multi-out presets.

This is what I want. This will let me see my children a little longer in the evening. Extract channel setups from a Project file without having to load the project. Currently large projects can take up to 6-8 minutes to load with samples coming back everywhere etc. Having to load one of the other songs from a project and then save each setting on the channel is a major workflow flaw in Cubase and just sends people straight to the Pro Tools camp

+1

+100

BUMP!

Here we are nearing 2020 and this much needed feature is still missing?

Are you tired yet? :laughing:

I second Mark’s first opinion.
I would love to have that feature in Cubase.

+1

But it has to be an option and I’d be fine if default was “don’t save media” with template files.

So almost 10 years later and this was never implemented. I am very disappointing to say the least as I have previously had the problem of the OP with making a new project from a template and accidentally deleting all of my data. IMO it is extremely frustrating how Cubase handles this media data for templates and shouldn’t be included at all when saving, or only as an option.

1 Like

Hi! 12 years now. Almost officially a teenager!

It’s unbelievable isnt it. My only workaround when tracking a band or drums since Import Tracks From Project was implemented is to start the project as blank or minimal and then import from the first song setup.
Thats not the same though and is a hack

Any news on this topic? I’d love to have a simple without events option and see that a template is saved the same way a track preset is done.

1 Like

Hello Other Save a Template Without Media Thread!
Will Cubase 13 support this feature?

+1
All the work arounds are messy. So much easier just to implement this.

1 Like

And time consuming

One can assume that, after 14 years, Steinberg isn’t particularly focused on this “feature request”.

Its pretty unbelievable.

Maybe not enough people have requested this. Just to save 15 seconds?

Not 15 seconds for me. If I have to save a project to a new temporary folder, then load it (can take 3 minutes if its big). Delete everything and delete the pool. Then SAVE AS TEMPLATE.
. Close the project.