Does anyone else think Wavelab 7 design is really clunky?

I care too. Beyond care really, it is a concern because while WL7 does a good job of editing and recording, it is really difficult to use visually. If anyone is aware of NLP, Neuro Linguistic Progamming, it suggests that generally people fall into one of three preferred ‘learning’ or ‘understanding’ modes; Visual (show me and I will learn it), Aural (decribe it to me in words or lists and I will learn it), and Kinaesthetic (let me just get on with it, and I will learn it). Good software takes care of all THREE types, not just one. Poor software is written according to the programmer’s preferred ‘learning’ mode, and they expect the rest of the world to just adapt to it?

WL7 seems very ‘text’ driven, and my guess is that the programmer is driven and motivated by text. That would make sense I guess in programming. But what about those of us (including me) who is driven and motivated by visual things, ie, clear visual symbols that are easy to differentiate, colours that don’t clash or merge together (has anyone checked out the effect of blue and red combined on those who are colour blind?), crisp outlines, easy to see for those of us who are more senior (I am 61 and have to wear glasses to read the icons in WL7, I can read the icons clearly without glasses in Cubase 6). WL7 falls over on nearly all of these visual requirements for clear and straightforward understanding and learning.

Using WL7 as it stands is a bit like driving a car with a steering wheel and gear stick made of meccano, a dashboard semi-obscured by the steering wheel so you have to crouch to read it, and some of the controls over on the passenger side, so you can’t reach them without stopping the car, getting out, pulling something out, getting back in and proceeding? That’s how it feels using WL7 for someone who is visually motivated?

Anyway, as someone has said, it does sound as if lot of comment can happen here without any real sign it is being heard or followed through that much? I wonder if I should join the ranks of those who just pay their £600, shrug their shoulders and accept whatever is handed out to them by a single designer who is not really listening to what is being said?

Let’s see what others say, I will be quiet now.

barry