Would you like a Cubase IC version for Android

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes : 163

Re: Cubase IC for Android

Postby savadious » Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 am

MrLockertsen wrote:Isn't it typical Apple fanboys to crash an Android thread... The same people who are voting "no" on Android support?
What is that? Are you sad that a better and cheaper platform is winning the mobile platform war? So you come here to bully those of us that just want to work and improve the support for every platform? - without dissing iOS or any other platform of choice. Be happy that you have a good device which Steinberg supports, and let those of us who prefer Android work to improve our platform - in peace.
Grow up.

In the late 80's/early 90's I was one of those 'university nerds' who replied to a student named Linus on usenet and was somewhat involved in the open source project that became Linux.

I love Linux and Android and could even be found on official lists of contacts to obtain Linux install files from -back when we actually mailed floppies (cd's were not popular due to $1000+ USD cost of burners back then) because downloading was not always an option when the fastest analog modems were pushing a whopping 14.4k speed mainly due to USRobotics and Zyzel not playing fairly with their protocols. :lol: (USR's V.Everything changed that later but its off topic and I dont want to become labeled as a fanboy for saying US Robotics united analog protocols...)

So, dont get me wrong - I have used Android from its inception and I love Open Source operating systems... yet at the same time I find it slightly cumbersome in the music production environment due to unavoidable high latency at its current stage.

That WILL change soon when capacitive touch glass screens are on every Android device AND some manufacturers stop using crummy 2hr batteries AND there is a unified marketplace AND Android gets more than just 20% of the 'TABLET' marketshare (despite having dozens of hardware options).

Open Source is very good for all the reasons it has downsides.... de-centralized marketplace seems to be the biggest killer right now (Google is taking steps to remedy that as of Q4 2010 yet the GOOGLE App store only works on GOOGLE CERTIFIED Android devices - as it is NOT an open source app and leaves many Android vendors in the cold).

When Steinberg makes their Android Apps we ALL will be happy - as more users = bigger and stronger Steinberg as a whole but we must realize one thing...

ANDROID marketplace (the place where Steinberg can actually distribute their apps) is fairly new with global channels only opening up just in the 4th Quarter of 2010 !

It is a baby - yet has great potential. I think Steinberg must have proof of a return before jumping into that bandwagon. They made a similar decision in the past by developing for a sinking ship - I know quite well as I started using Steinberg products when I was a Commodore Amiga 'fanboy' ;) - and they may still be a bit cautious about that disappointment.

Also give Steinberg some credit. They will not HONESTLY drop all development talks on Android just because I happen to make a post here...

Hey - I WISH I had that kind of influence over Steinny....

STEINBERG... LOOK INTO MY EYES.... SEND ME A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU MAKE.... DO IT NOW !

Hmmm.. It didnt work... I need to improve my powers.. heh

Anyhow... Im rooting for Android and have several Android tablets myself (they are down to $60 for 7" tablets here and in bulk that price would drop significantly. )

I PERSONALLY would love to market an Android tablet + DAW mixer software package customized for Cubase users since I currently live walking distance to the Android Factory distribution hubs here in Asia.

I also just happen to own multiple iOS tablets as well but I would NEVER dream of turning a profit selling customized iPads with pre-installed DAW software - the numbers just dont jive, you dig.

But then again.. I am that same guy who was rooting for the Amiga in which I had installed the IBM compatability card AND the MAC emulator card (AMAX I think it was called) as well to run 3 complete systems in 1 ! :cry:

Network Appliances are my ... 'hobby' and I have even written a Hip-Hop Alternative/Goth rap-Emo Anthem to showcase my love of ALL Android computing devices... here it is:

I said a Hip-Hop, Android - you dont stop
Android - you dont stop
You keep me up, you keep me up
you keep me up with your pit bull pups

Got it in your market place and now I scrap all over the place
All over the place

Even in my Daw
Even in my Daw

I said D. A. W.
Even in my Daw

:lol: :lol: :D :lol:
Thank you, thank you very much... M.C. Savvy in the hizzie !

NOTE:
The IC Shared early in this thread is being ported to Android (read the user rumors about it in the authors forums). And yes - even thou I dropped $7 to buy it on iPad I will 100% purchase this for Android as it has EVERY feature I need to bundle with Android tablets and includes a CUBASE TEMPLATE OUT OF THE BOX ! I do think AC-7 will put Android on the DAW Map - and the TOTAL cost of Android IC + Software will be under $70 USD in singles and roughly $50 USD in bulk!

If you missed the picture scroll back and it will look 100% identical on the Android !
Last edited by savadious on Wed May 18, 2011 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious

Postby waveform » Tue May 17, 2011 5:50 pm

savadious wrote: I know quite well as I started using Steinberg products when I was a Commodore Amiga 'fanboy' ;) - and they may still be a bit cautious about that disappointment.
!

You couldn't have been that big an Amiga fanboy as Music-X was far superior to Cubase back then, it was in colour and everything !
waveform

Postby savadious » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

waveform wrote:
savadious wrote: I know quite well as I started using Steinberg products when I was a Commodore Amiga 'fanboy' ;) - and they may still be a bit cautious about that disappointment.
!

You couldn't have been that big an Amiga fanboy as Music-X was far superior to Cubase back then, it was in colour and everything !

My little town in Arizona had 1 Amiga store and I was a teen with no credit card (that meant no ordering from AmigaFormat or the other 2 Commodore magazines). I was limited to whatever stock they had on their shelves to support me and my Amiga(s).

I used Deluxe Music Construction set, Something called Doctor T's/Dynamic Drums and a Steinberg product. It was decades ago but I think my MIDI interface was a parallel port to MIDI with a ribbon cable on it... All my friends said from the beginning Amiga will die and I should 'upgrade' to an Atari (maybe model 1040st - I dont remember the Atari Models - I never got one) :oops:
Savadious
Free 2gig online music data storage account here ---> http://db.tt/vbuo2sX Great FREEbie. Cubase 6 | Windows 7 Pro x64 | a dozen other personal machines -DAW 2x, HTPC, Router, Gaming PCx, Linux, OSX, etc each with its own duties- (not listed due to sig space)
savadious

Postby PMedia » Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 am

crohde wrote:Hello guys,

Just to clarify: We do not have any exclusivity deal with Apple and are thinking openly about other plattforms as well.

What's to think about - Hmmm Android THE Biggest smart phone market :o
PC Win 7 64bit - Nuendo 5 - Intensity Pro - Neumann U87 - Sennheiser 416 - Schoeps CMIT - Mic Pres BuzzAudio & Focusrite - Euphonix MC Control & Mix - Tannoy Monitors - Sennheiser Headphones - Samsung 40 inch LCD's - Full HD Playback
PMedia

Postby Benutzername » Tue May 24, 2011 6:40 am

PMedia wrote:
crohde wrote:Hello guys,

Just to clarify: We do not have any exclusivity deal with Apple and are thinking openly about other plattforms as well.

What's to think about - Hmmm Android THE Biggest smart phone market :o

Looks like Steinberg likes to be late on future markets. Just thinking about the old days when Steinberg went the Atari route while ignoring the expanding PC segment at first. As a result Protools is the standard on studio PCs today and not Nuendo.
Benutzername

Postby savadious » Tue May 24, 2011 9:17 am

Benutzername wrote:Looks like Steinberg likes to be late on future markets. Just thinking about the old days when Steinberg went the Atari route while ignoring the expanding PC segment at first. As a result Protools is the standard on studio PCs today and not Nuendo.

Hey ... AMIGA was the future !!!!

They abandoned Amiga for Atari ! I still got a bone to pick about that ! :lol: :lol: :D :o

But my A600 + Steinberg was very portable for gigs once I droped my multi port midi box for a IN/OUT card that plugged into the parallel port ! Goodbye ribbon cable !
Savadious
savadious

Postby Marsman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I had an iPhone 3GS and recently tried the iPhone4 for some days, I just do not like the iOS and feel much more at home with Android, it´s open source/Linux based OS concept is much more appealing. I don´t want to live in the no-tolerance Apple world. Ridiculous decisions like boykotting Flash on iOS and boycotting the 64 bit quicktime component for Windows.. really, I won´t support Apple ever again.
Too bad there is no real alternative for the iPad 2 at the moment, but I´ll dump it as soon as a comparable Android tablet is out.
Nuendo 5.5.6 x64 + NEK, Windows 7 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation
Marsman

Postby savadious » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Marsman wrote:...there is no real alternative for the iPad 2 at the moment, but I´ll dump it as soon as a comparable Android tablet is out.

Michael Dell - CEO of Dell computers stated that we can expect that in about 3 years. It WILL happen. We just must be patient.

Remember Android IS Linux (basically).

To compare - Linux does EVERYTHING Windows can do - and for free. Yet people still insist on having Windows on their computers.

... because developers do not make Linux APPS in the numbers they make windows APPS....
... because people insist on Windows over Linux in mass numbers
... because developers do not make Linux APPS in the numbers they make windows APPS....

and so on.. and so on...

Now some may not know that OSX and iOS are really Linux underneath. Just a locked down version with a nice pretty paint-job.

If you know a techie - try using SSH on your apple device....

Its basically Linux.

So that means Android is actually a relative of iOS....

But back to point... Dell computers (who are HUGE supporters of Android) gave a target of 2014 for Android tablets to become dominant (Tablets... not cel phones BTW)
Savadious
savadious

Postby ruddy duck » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 pm

The thing that bugs me about iC only being available for Apple hardware is that it's free. This means that we are all paying for it even if we can't use it. It means that development resources have been diverted from the products that we have paid for.

I'm sure there'll be an Android version along sooner or later (and won't complain about it being free then ;) ) but I might check out the other suggestions here first.
ruddy duck

Postby mroekalea » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Well they better had done their housework!

Apple is indeed a agressive company who sues everyone who got to inventive, they smell money or the dead of their opposites.

In this world we do not need such a closed platform, hence Steinberg does multiplatform programming, but failed with the IC application, why ?? nobody knows!

I really hate Apple for this kind og busines, overall I do think they got nice products.

Isn't there somebody out there who can make Peer computers??
:evil:
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB with Cubase 7.5 & artist 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, Adam P22a + sub8, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, MB octaver, fender bassman 100, Orange AD200B, MB TTE500, TECAMP, Fender & FMC 12 cabs!
mroekalea

Postby savadious » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

mroekalea wrote:Isn't there somebody out there who can make Peer computers??
:evil:

Actually Linux has been doing it for decades with server clustering. It would be nice to see that technology ported to desktops...

well... Bill and Apple are both working on the foundations of it... they call it "cloud computing"

Image Image
Savadious
savadious

Postby mroekalea » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Ah, I know of cloudcomputing :-)

Do you know apples and pears as in the fruit?
I searched and saw that in English its written different as I wrote it :-)

In Dutch its written like 'peer' which means pear.

Are there high end pc manufaturers who build similar products like apple (like the alu body for example)?
Menoj
Win8.1, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB with Cubase 7.5 & artist 7.5, wavelab 8 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, MR816X+Focusrite pro 26 IO, Adam P22a + sub8, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 5, VG2, Arturia AF, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), HSO library, Fender Jazz basses, MB octaver, fender bassman 100, Orange AD200B, MB TTE500, TECAMP, Fender & FMC 12 cabs!
mroekalea

Postby rmandelbaum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

I have the A-7 app and I love it. I am a drummer, this gives me everything I need to record while sitting at the kit.

Makes the price of the iPad worth the price of admission for me 8-)
rmandelbaum

Postby Strophoid » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:10 pm

lol, gotta love the apple/pear/peer confusion. In fact you should've said an orange computer, as the saying goes 'apples and oranges' in English, while it's appels en peren in Dutch. :D
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Postby savadious » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Mmmm reminds me to consume my daily litre of Apfel juice !

Savadious
savadious

Postby atlatnesiti » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Who cares about Android apps anyway...?! :(
Will never happen unless Google changes api.
The latest so called Ice Cream Sandwich. DOESN'T address latency and audio issues in Android devices I'm afraid... :(
iMac i7 2.8GHz 16GB RAM, OS X.10.10, iPad Air 2 128GB LTE, iPad Air 128GB LTE, iOS 8.1, Quartet, M-Audio Axiom PRO 49, Cubase 7.5, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite 9, Reason 8, Tracktion 5, WaveLab Elements 8, various iOS Apps, VSTi's, AU's and hardware synths...
atlatnesiti

Postby Benutzername » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm

And what does remote control apps need low latency audio for? Seriously! Simple network packets don't travel faster over the air just because a device has low level audio hardware.

There are twice as many android devices out there compared to iOS and there are twice as many android devices sold every day. On the german market Samsung's latest Galaxy tab even surpassed the iPad 2 in sales when Apple's lawyers stopped it. There are now way more app downloads from google's app store than from apple's and probably more app sales as well. In a year or two more than half of all mobile devices out there will run android - probably four or five times as many as iOS. Ignoring this market is completely ridiculous.
Benutzername

Postby savadious » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 am

Benutzername wrote:...are twice as many android devices out there compared to iOS and there are twice as many android devices sold every day....

I do not mean to be rude or anything but think about a night out at a fine restaurant. For those of us who drink you may order a nice Merlot. Others may order something more .. vintage... with a price tag to match.

Basically some things have a place where they shine above others. This is currently the case with tablet devices and music.

Imagine the waiter stating " twice as many pabst blue ribbon beer out there compared to Dom Perignon and there are twice as many Pabst sold every day..."

I fully support Android - being that I currently live in Asia just walking distance from several Android factories and can buy them new for about the same price as going out to dinner on a date !

They are missing several things.
1. Google/Android Marketplace is GREAT, but do you know if the Android device is not certified by Google then they are not allowed to download from their marketplace? (ie. licensing and google wants to get paid)

2. There are MANY android marketplaces... so in order to cover EVERY Android device a developer has to submit their APP to many many different marketplaces.

3. Android devices are not all the same. I have apps on my Android Dual-Sim Phone that do NOT run on my Android tablet - and vice versa....

At least with apple - basically ALL current APPS work with ALL current devices... across the board...

Android is getting there ... but think about it ... Count on 1 finger how old is the "Google Android" Marketplace.... Rome was not created in a day...

It will take awhile...
Savadious
savadious

Postby Benutzername » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 am

savadious wrote:They are missing several things.
1. Google/Android Marketplace is GREAT, but do you know if the Android device is not certified by Google then they are not allowed to download from their marketplace? (ie. licensing and google wants to get paid)

But many apps can be installed anyway if a user wants to do so. On this platform users have the freedom to do so. There is no real need for a market place, it just makes life easier. And there is not just one market place.

savadious wrote:2. There are MANY android marketplaces... so in order to cover EVERY Android device a developer has to submit their APP to many many different marketplaces.

That is the big plus of android in my book. On this platform the user chooses where to buy and what to buy and not a puritan ḋick somewhere in a christian fundamentalist country thousands of miles away. If I want to buy an app that displays a female breast wart on a smart phone screen then I can do it. It is my choice. It is not the business of the phone vendor.

savadious wrote:3. Android devices are not all the same. I have apps on my Android Dual-Sim Phone that do NOT run on my Android tablet - and vice versa....

I don't think that phone apps really work on iPads. They have ugly upscaled graphics, look like crap and the gestures work like using an 1980's light pen. The usual solution to this problem is to buy the app again to get a working version. But personally I have a problem with that because the output devices are almost the same apart from the display resolution and paying again just because the apps are to dump to scale their graphics is a huge rip off.

savadious wrote:At least with apple - basically ALL current APPS work with ALL current devices... across the board...

I've never seen an app on android that didn't work on later or bigger models too. So what is the point?
Benutzername

Postby savadious » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 am

Benutzername wrote:I've never seen an app on android that didn't work on later or bigger models too. So what is the point?

Most recently... I can view Netflicks on my Android phone - only after actually modifying the actual program itself - and this violating some TOS/EULA rules somewhere.

Netflicks and many other Android APPS do not work on my Android tablet either, yet friends with other brands have had some luck - yet others are still unable to run the streaming video service...

On this platform the user chooses where to buy and what to buy and not a puritan ḋick somewhere in a christian fundamentalist country thousands of miles away

FYI - Steje Jobs was Buddhist - and his biological father Abdul Fattah Jandali ... was Muslim from Syria. :D

But I do see what youre saying... its got pros and cons... centralized management/APP market woudl be nice... but then again - they all fight over who it actually belongs to and if that gives the owners devices an unfair advantage over the others - ESPECIALLY being based off the whole free OS philosophy...

Same fight was seen when RedHat started "selling" the free Linux OS...

Just history repeating itself....

Few thousand years ago it was probably cavemen debating the wheel

Savadious
savadious

Postby MrLockertsen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am

atlatnesiti wrote:Who cares about Android apps anyway...?! :((

Another ignorant apple fanboy... ;) Why do you bother posting in this thread at all?
Win7 x64 Core i7 12GB Ram - Cubase6 - Addictive Drums - TC Electronic Konnekt6 - Korg M1 - POD xt & Bass POD - Røde Mic - Gibson Les Paul bass - Yamaha and Westone guitars - find my music here: http://kustus.info
MrLockertsen

Postby MrLockertsen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:56 am

Benutzername wrote: Ignoring this market is completely ridiculous.

Word!
Win7 x64 Core i7 12GB Ram - Cubase6 - Addictive Drums - TC Electronic Konnekt6 - Korg M1 - POD xt & Bass POD - Røde Mic - Gibson Les Paul bass - Yamaha and Westone guitars - find my music here: http://kustus.info
MrLockertsen

Postby Grahamdwc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:40 pm

MrLockertsen wrote:
Benutzername wrote: Ignoring this market is completely ridiculous.

Word!

+1.
Graham
Grahamdwc

Postby mroekalea » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

And Then there was DAWcontrol for android, works good even has a free version.
Sadly i just bought myself à iPad and v-control from neyerinck, this is the *flower* i have been waiting for, awsome.
Menoj
mroekalea

Postby RobInWeert » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Seems that at least some are taking audio very seriously for Android and given that the market share for tablets is now 50/50 between Android and ios, we'll hopefully start to see more apps :D

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/07/a ... ess-today/
ASUSTek P6T : Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz : 6GB Kingston DDR3-1333 : ATI Radeon HD 3450 : HDD1 250GB : HDD2 1TB : MR816 CSX

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 : Cubase 6.5 64bit : Steinberg FW Driver v1.6.3
RobInWeert

PreviousNext

Return to Cubase iC