Groove Agent 4 announcement

In the competition for disposable drum $$ - Toontrack are taking the lead… :slight_smile:

“EZdrummer 2 is a completely new program including a host of groundbreaking songwriting tools, new drum and percussion sounds, a much improved audio engine and much, much more. Read the full press release here.”

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=7

Clyde, do you know if they have a VST3 version?

Seems good…buying Version 1 now means you also get the upgrade to Version 2 free when it’s officially release on 6th May 2014…only a month away.

Steinberg - you need to compete. At 139euros it looks like it will steal a fair bit of your thunder. You need to respond, a release for Groove Agent 4 was announced 14 months ago - customers are losing patience and interest at your lack of updates/news regarding a release date.

Please compete with your competitors! :angry:

I think they’re just sitting on their products, so that they can lose more money.

Sarcasm aside, if GA4 is anything for drum instruments, like HALion 5 is for synthesizers/samplers, it’ll be awesome. Obviously it will use VST3 which means additional features (like native per note modulation). This reminds me… I had been thinking about the drum editor in Cubase. Maybe we’ll see some new cool features? :slight_smile: If not, then we should, Steinberg! :smiley:

I can’t understand why so little is done to keep those ‘fringe’ music software purchasers loyal to Steinberg. Even a little information is better than none at all!

Customer retention should be the forefront of the agenda…after all, what’s the point offering an upgrade path if all users of previous versions abandon Steinberg before its release…seems a little ironic!?

Matthias Quellmann…please update us!

Ok, ok…Here is the update:

1. Groove Agent 4 already includes 20,000 samples and counting.
  2. We are starting with the beta phase this month.
  3. Groove Agent 4 will be released in the third quarter of 2014…
  4. …and will cost less than Groove Agent 3!
  5. And that is how the Acoustic Agent looks like (when I don’t have my glasses on…):

wow…
very impressed, thank you Matthias! :smiley:

one question/big question:
has GA4 also sliders for “style/groove/complexity/accent/fills/half tempo” like GA3…?

i put my glasses and it still the same :mrgreen:

Nice one… eh… five, Matthias! :wink: (Have fun beta testing.)

Will you release a dedicated hw pad device for it, like Machine or Push?

Ok, I do not expect an honest answer :laughing:

But a Cubase 8 with additional Ableton Live-like Session view + hardware with 8x8 velocity sensitive pads for controlling both GA4 grooves and session view in Cubase 8 would be a big integrated step forward.

That’s good to know! Thanks

Bump (?)
:slight_smile:

Please no!.

Thank you Matthias.

If you keep regularly updating us as you said from the outset, I’m sure you’ll retain way more loyal users.

Malc

I would mix each microphone in an entry in the Cubase mixer.
example:
Kick in: enter 1 mono
Kick out: mono entrer2
Snare top: entrer3 mono
Snare below: Enter 4 mono
tom1: enter: 5 mono
tom2: enter 6 mono
tom3: enter 7 mono
tom 4: enter 8 mono
hh: enter 9 mono
OH: enter 10 strereo
atmosphere: enter 11 stereo

All on track separated and subgroup in the mixer cubase

The closer a mix of acoustic drums, a real mixer.

I grooveAgent3, all NI batteries.

Cursors grooveagent3 are very advantageous

I wonder if Groove Agent 4 will sell as an update to GA3, or will we have to buy it outright.

Hi,

There will be an update from GA3 to GA4 of course!

Thanks for that info, I am so excited!!

Hi Will there be an upgrade option for owners of GA1 and GA2 to GA4?

Thanks in advance.

I know some people loved Groove Agent for its preset patterns and complexity slider. But that always seemed sort of gimmicky and toy-like to me. It was like the drum machine equivalent of a home organ with goofy auto-accompaniment styles and patterns. Again, that was just my take on the instrument.

So when I saw the new Groove Agent SE in Cubase 7.5, I thought, “Right on! This is the Battery killer that I have been waiting for!” The only thing that is missing is a built in step sequencer. So if Steinberg can combine an improved version of the Beat Designer MIDI plugin with the sound engine and interface of Groove Agent SE, that would be awesome.

Preset patterns (with a complexity control) could be cool as well. But I tend to program my own drum parts.