Groove Agent 4 announcement

Bump (?)
:slight_smile:

Please no!.

Thank you Matthias.

If you keep regularly updating us as you said from the outset, I’m sure you’ll retain way more loyal users.

Malc

I would mix each microphone in an entry in the Cubase mixer.
example:
Kick in: enter 1 mono
Kick out: mono entrer2
Snare top: entrer3 mono
Snare below: Enter 4 mono
tom1: enter: 5 mono
tom2: enter 6 mono
tom3: enter 7 mono
tom 4: enter 8 mono
hh: enter 9 mono
OH: enter 10 strereo
atmosphere: enter 11 stereo

All on track separated and subgroup in the mixer cubase

The closer a mix of acoustic drums, a real mixer.

I grooveAgent3, all NI batteries.

Cursors grooveagent3 are very advantageous

I wonder if Groove Agent 4 will sell as an update to GA3, or will we have to buy it outright.

Hi,

There will be an update from GA3 to GA4 of course!

Thanks for that info, I am so excited!!

Hi Will there be an upgrade option for owners of GA1 and GA2 to GA4?

Thanks in advance.

I know some people loved Groove Agent for its preset patterns and complexity slider. But that always seemed sort of gimmicky and toy-like to me. It was like the drum machine equivalent of a home organ with goofy auto-accompaniment styles and patterns. Again, that was just my take on the instrument.

So when I saw the new Groove Agent SE in Cubase 7.5, I thought, “Right on! This is the Battery killer that I have been waiting for!” The only thing that is missing is a built in step sequencer. So if Steinberg can combine an improved version of the Beat Designer MIDI plugin with the sound engine and interface of Groove Agent SE, that would be awesome.

Preset patterns (with a complexity control) could be cool as well. But I tend to program my own drum parts.

Sorry, Groove Agent 3 was nothing like " a home organ with goofy auto-accompaniment styles and patterns. " Plus it does have major complexity control. That is an insult especially considering how much time and effort it took to create. That being said, GA4 should be off the chain!

It’s irrelevant how much time and effort it took to create Groove Agent 3. The instrument either does or does not meet customer needs. I personally didn’t have a need for it.

Each to their own I guess. If youre good at programming your own beats that’s awesome! I for one don’t have time or the vision to create beats, partly because Im a keyboard player. The best part is being able to manipulate the midi score afterwards. That’s where you can really put your personal touch on it. I do appreciate your opinion, just not the “home organ” comparison. Ive switched out samples as well to mix it up. Have a good one!

I am a jazz / blues /fusion guitar player and was happy about the various jazz related drum parts in GA3. I would llove to see more like that and as someone said earlier, easy configuration of song structures. Similar to EZdrummer 2’s new feature. Perhaps put the structure in place then let GA4 intuitively transition from section to section. (just spit balling). Just don’t forget us jazz players. We need technology as much as the Dance Music Steinberg seems most interested in.

@ Steinberg: Will there also be a special discount price for Cubase 7 (GA SE 4) owners ?? :smiley:

Stepped over from Cubase 7 to Reaper on mac.
Hope there will be Drag - Drop functionality from Reaper’s Arrange Window to GA 4 :mrgreen:

Yeah, Reaper rocks but i DO miss GA SE 4 alot …

Suppose the starting point is what GA was envisaged to be. Drum sampler it was not.
Drum accompaniment would be a better description.
Programming drums is a strength within the Cubase environment - better than most other DAWs - MO

From a step seq. point of view - I really like designer - it’s a jump off point to deep programming with the dedicated drum arrangement view. If however you’re hoping to use GA in another DAW - then I would agree more functions may be required - for example Live 9 really needs help.

The thing which GA brought to the party was “Immediacy” in a way that programming is not. That I believe is a big + that should be maintained in the next revision.

Any update on the release date for GA4?

…we are now in Q3 of 2014.

Malc

June = 3rd month of Q2

My apologies… I stand corrected!

Steinberg…next month is officially the start of Q3 of 2014…excited for the release of GA4.

… the 30th of September is also Q3 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: