DONE! User defined beat: Grid,Compound time,odd meter,Click

+1
…A very good request. I would also like optional default voices exclaiming in native German, with each count-in prefixed by a mandatory “Achtung!”. A selection of well known voices from the nefarious to the hilarious would be candy on top.

A few days late, but, yes:
+1

Perhaps Ein, Zwei, Drei, Vier… would counter any infringement?

YARolmaha? I thought it would be Rolaha exept for in the Bahamas where it would be called Yamand.
:laughing:

Forgot to mention re. the click patterns:
+1

YaVolmaha.

Bri how bout a +1 while you’re at it?

+1

I thought I would bump this to point out an (obvious) additional benefit that would come from implementing this request: Compound time signatures.

An example would be: In 6/8 the beat can be either the 8th or the dotted quarter.

The heavy lines in the grid should fall on the beat, But Cubase doesn’t do that, and the metronome just marks the numerator’s number of beats per measure (top number in the sig)

While it is possible to go into metronome settings and adjust it to 3/8 count base to get the metronome simply on 1 and 4,activating the count base option means the click will not change along with the time signatures.

It comes down to the fact that we need to able to set the beat value ourselves.

I updated the OP and subject line too.

such a feature would be great, no need to build an individual click track with my trusty cowbell sample anymore!

You’re right, the grid is wrong for a 6/8. It should be 2 beats of triplets. At the very least, the bold line should be at 1.4, even if they don’t change the labels.

I don’t want to get into the horrors of 11/16 (you into jazz or something?) but I wish you well with your campaign.

Hi Crochety.

Yeah, I play jazz, but the odd meter stuff is from Balkan, Romanian and other Oriental type musics.

Also, Metal heads are into odd meters, they are fun to play with. Thanks!

It’s been a couple months since I bumped this, but there a bunch of new faces on the forum, and Digital Performer 8 for Windows has been released. (DP 8 has this metronome)

So… bump.

See the pretty screen. Touch the pretty screen. Life is good. One two three four, one two three four, one two three four, …

LOL… :laughing:
One two three four FIVE----- :astonished: Five ?? Five ? where that five came from ? what five got to do with music…?? :unamused:
O.K i can deal with five ill count… one two three five…one two three five :exclamation:

+1

yes - looked quite comprehensive in DP8 (from what I recall of the trial I did, which has since run out…).
So +1

+1

I also work very often with odd signatures. In addition to the request of the post, I would also ask the possibility od setting the click patterns of the metronome track. I try to clarify the point:

let’s take a 7/8 signature. The metronome will play at every 1/8th, however we musicians often “count” a 7/8 as a 3/4 + 1/8…I almost never “count” all the 1/8th…it’s a mess!

So, I’d like to set the metronome track to “count” in this way :wink:

A big two snaps up.

Also: not just useful for ‘odd’ meters. Take something like Flamenco which may ‘feel’ like 12/8 or 9/8 to civilians but that’s not how it’s -counted- or =felt=.

On that note, I would LOVE to have the some sort of tie-in with the metronome so the accented note(s) would auto-magically change to reflect changes in the grid.

+1 and backed up by thick bar lines

+1

+1

should also include triplets etc.

+1

A printed/printable click track is really REALLY needed…work-arounds are not acceptable in 2013…

Yes that would be great.
In addition the diferent ways of counting and the accentuation should be made visible in the timeline.
This would speed up editing.

Some examples I use in Flamenco music:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 1 and 2 and 3 and
1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2