Cubase Artist 6/7 Comparison (help?)

Paul,
When 7.5 comes out and you get your free update, you are going to get HALion Sonic SE 2 with it for free…

Thanks Jaslan.

i was getting really very confused about it all.

Paul

Now, i am going to buy HALion 5 very soon and so (considering the recent discussions we have been having regarding the FREE inclusion of HALion Sonic 2 with the Update from Cubase Artist 7 to Artist 7.5), to purchase HALion 5 do i therefore need to :-

Upgrade from HALion Sonic costing 164 GBP

OR,

Upgrade from HALion Sonic 2 costing 82 GBP ??

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thank you.

You won’t get HALion Sonic 2 for free with Cubase Artist 7.5 free update.
You will get HALion Sonic SE 2 for free with Cubase Artist 7.5 free update.
So if you have HALion Sonic (ver. 1), and want HALion 5, you would need to update from HALion Sonic (ver. 1). I am seeing it as $200 US (probably 182 GBP for you).

Got it !! Cheers.

i was not sure as i have obviously never done this before, and wanted to check first. Plus, i kept on getting HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE mixed up all the time. But that’s just me getting confused :unamused: :unamused:

Anyway, so that works out at 82 GBP x 2 = 164 GBP for the full Upgrade to HALion 5.

So then, will i have Cubase Artist 7.5 and (seperately) HALion 5 on my PC ?? (ie. 2 x completely seperate software programs ??). Meaning will they (or will they not) be ‘merged’ together into a single Artist7/HALion5 (if that makes sense !!) ?? Or will they run as individual entities as do Cubase and Wavelab ??

Cubase Artist and HALion 5 will be separate programs and separate licenses. They are independent of each other. Also, HALion Sonic is a separate, independent program from Cubase and HALion. HALion Sonic SE (ver. 1 or 2) is integrated into Cubase and is NOT a separate program.

Excellent, thats most helpful indeed.

So HALion Sonic, HALion 5 and Artist 7 are all individual of each other.

Yes, that’s correct.
Stop confusing HS and HSSE, it’s confusing :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… :laughing: :laughing:

When i Update from Artist 7 to Artist 7.5 (for free) on Dec 4th, will my Artist 7 software simply get overwritten, or will it create a brand new program/folder etc (and therefore i will uninstall Artist 7) ??

It will probably overwrite, 6.5 overwrote 6 in my case anyway.

Great, i hope so as that is much more easier for me.

i have tried about 20 times tonight to Update from Artist 7 to 7.5 (via the Steinberg site page) but it just won’t complete successfully ?? It gets as far as downloading about and 15% then fails.

Are there any reported issues does anyone know please ??

Ta,

Paul

I have seen many reports of problems with the downloading or it just being slow. It seems to me like the server is just very busy. The only thing I can recommend is to keep trying.

i set it off again for the umpteenth time at 12am and its been running now for over 90 x mins… :open_mouth:

All downloaded now. :mrgreen: Took almost 3 x hours though. Just need to fire it up and try it out in the morning…

Hi again,

I bought a new laptop another for work last week and I have been installing some of my software (so that I have the likes of Sibelius and Cubase on 2 x PC’s).

I keep trying to update the ‘grace period’ Artist 7 to Artist 7.5 but it just wont download (even though I am definitely elegible for it and have it successfully installed on my initial PC for the past couple of weeks.

Are you only allowed to take advantage of the ‘grace period’ on 1 x PC ??

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Since the license is in the dongle, you update it once, and it is then valid for all installations that use this dongle - really simple scheme…

Hi TC,

Oh, so the update (Grace Period) information is stored in the eLicensor which then allows me to computer-hop. Therefore I only need to update the eLicensor once and I can use it with both Cubase Artist 7.5 installations on my 2 x PC’s. I did not realize that the ‘grace period’ only had to be downloaded and stored once.

I managed to get it downloaded anyway. Just took about 20+ x attempts !! It kept saying ‘404 Error, link may be broken or removed’ for some reason.

What I am not sure about now please is that inside the Cubase Artist 7.5 Update folder, there are a handful of subfolders.

Such as :-

Copy Protect,

Installer Data,

VST Sound

Do I need to individually open and install these (by clicking on ‘Set Up’) ?? Or are they automatically installed during the main installation of the Update (but included again separately in a sub-folder for any users who may prefer to install items individually/selectively) ??

Ta,

Paul