Who else loves the control room

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Re: Who else loves the control room

Postby HowlingUlf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Damn! This works great! 8-)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Cubase 7.5 32 | Intel i7 860 | 8GB | Win7 64 | Emu 1820M | BCR2000 | MPD16 via MIDI
and a few cables ... and some more stuff ... and even more than that, would you believe it ?!!?
HowlingUlf

Postby JMCecil » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:57 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:Damn! This works great! 8-)
yeah, truly an under appreciated feature. But I want the mixer view back!
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:24gb - OS:Win8.1x64 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 8 |Cubase 6.5/7.5| H5, HS2, HSO, Padshop Pro
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Postby Woodcrest Studio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

JMCecil wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:This is maybe a silly question but the right topic ...
If I don't have a separate control room and studio, mainly work alone, and my patch bay is set up so I hardly ever need to patch anything to break into the normaled connections, is there some real benefit of using the Cubase Control Room then? I've opened it and sort of know my way around and I see how it works but what's in there for me that I don't see?

Here's a few

Mono checking, multi monitor auditing, alternate mix checking, sub mix leveling, monitoring at a comfortable level without affecting the standards based level that exports ... I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Listen bus too or whatever it's called. The (L) button on the mixer ties into the CR. In the CR you can set how much it dims the other channels when you click the listen button in a channel.
Tom Zartler

In person or from afar: helping make people's music a pleasurable listening experience.

::::Woodcrest Studio Homepage::::
::::Woodcrest on Facebook::::

Cubase 6.5, ProToolsHD10, 4 rooms, a hall, bathroom, kitchen, computer, mics, outboard and an excessive Imagination.

If in a creative blackout, stare at the dancing cow for inspiration.
Woodcrest Studio

Previous

Return to Steinberg Lounge