Nuendo 6.5?

I have to say that I am surprised by the the # of people who are struggling with the new mixer. I have been needing to go back and forth between N6 and N5.5 almost daily and N5.5 is a little frustrating to use because of many of the missing features.

Having inserts and sends in the mixer at the same time without clicking is a real time saver for me. Finding effects is much faster (though required learning a new way) and finding a track in a 300+ channel project is much faster. Agents is amazing for mixing large projects . Visibility and Zones are now essential to me. I also love having an FFT on each channel not to mention the Studio and Post EQs. All of these things save me time and I wish I didn’t have so many of my “need-to-recall” projects in N5.5.

That being said, I am in agreement about the mouse-over buttons. It would be great if these could be fixed buttons. There must be a way to do it and I haven’t heard anyone say they like it as is. I am still missing the invert gain on the channel EQ. Why did that go away? I have all hardware monitoring so I don’t use the Control Room but there seems to be universal agreement that this is a mistake. So I am in support of this getting fixed.

My 2 cents.

Dean