Man that download is slooooow

Grabbed the 7.5 update earlier, two different downloads available. Started with the smallest one, the actual Cubase download and man, i have download speeds that vary between 30 and 70 kBps, started downloading the HSSE 2 update and that was done within an hour and a half, and that thing is more than twice the sizeā€¦ Iā€™m having timeouts all the time and have had to restart the download as the timer ran outā€¦
Anyone else experiencing this? Will it smooth out?

Regards
David-ā€œCanā€™t wait to get my hands on thisā€-L

Yes, I donā€™t get why Steinberg (a big company) canā€™t simply rent some cloud servers for the few days after a big release. :cry:

I mean, Windows Azure is not actually really expensiveā€¦

Had a dreadful time downloading Artist 7 Update to 7:5. Gave up in the end and tried again today.

Price of being on the bleeding edge :laughing:

I am going to wait until next week or so.

Took nearly 3 x hours but its downloaded and without any glitches this time. Have not tried it out yet though. :exclamation:

This comes up every single release.

And, no, Azure isnā€™t expensive for a single person. But remember that cloud services typically charge based on usage. If you think it wouldnā€™t be expensive when everyone is trying to download the latest release then maybe, as an exercise, you should find out how expensive it really would be. :wink:

My downloads were actually pretty good.
But yeah, the second one did take over an hour - maybe even two, but no glitches or interruptions.

Took me 1/2 an hour for both ISO images plus the update downloads a little over 12GB in total.

I too had to restart Hsse2 several times, finally went to bed. The next morning it was there. I waited 5 days after the release