Cubase 7.5 Download / Box / Online Store

Think of the chemicals it takes to re-use used paper … it’s not quite the eco boost you imagine.

I’m all good with downloads. And if you absolutely have to kill some trees then go out of your way to get the unwrapper a nice experience by putting it on a dvd and maybe going for a printed carton or something like that :slight_smile:

Gave my friend two purchased and downloaded steinberg synths a while back as a gift, i don’t think he minded too much not getting the box… (And he was really pleased :slight_smile: )

I seem to recall the 6.5 upgrade being faaaaaar more expensive… (I only had elements at the time so didn’t get to pay for that but still…)

To some this is apparently Cubase 8 with a knockdown price of only an upgrade. (glass half empty, glass half full brigades, join what you feel you should).
Where is the written rule that the whole or point 5 version numbers mean jack anyway?
I like the bugs. They keep timewasters occupied posting here telling Steinberg how to do it instead of effing up the studio telling the musicians how to play. :mrgreen: And everything that needs to work, works.
Lighten up boys.

This whole conversation is moot anyhow since you can’t buy Cubase 7.5 in a box anyway, that is off-the-shelf, never mind Christmas trees.

Q: But I went to the checkout, coming from 6.5, and it gives me the ‘boxed’ version option, which I selected. Is this not the case? Does this mean I will get the box version of C7 and then need to download C7.5? …or is it all a download?

Actually Cubase (X) to Cubase (X+Y) is an update, and Cubase Artist or Elements (X) to Cubase (X) is an upgrade, if we’re using the terms the way SB uses them.

You’ll get a boxed version if that’s what you chose. Updates from C7 are by download only.

From the official web page:

Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 > update > released

{‘-’}

The award for making the most sense, as well as being spot-on accurate, goes to Steve (from Chicago).

Probably depends where you’re located… Can imagine that if you’re from the US you behave differently than in Northern Europe, Austria or Switzerland.

Nevertheless, even if there are chemicals used, it’s still better than a box with DVD and all that stuff, I suppose.

Getting off topic, but …

Bleach is still used in some countries, but for the last couple of decades most European countries use enzymes for recycling, those have no ecological side issues, and gives you a better product anyway, less acidity issues and longer lifetime. Bleach and other iffy chemicals are actually more common in the manufacture of new white paper than recycled.

The recycled paper packaging that is used by Steinberg, Sennheiser and a few others is actually of a better quality than a new one because of the higher variability of the fibre content.

Well…. I’ll have two bowls of that with mint frosting please. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

{‘-’}

Get an USB powered christmas tree and … never mind … :mrgreen:

I bought Cubase Artist 7 in September and Steinberg bring out on “UPDATE” (their words not mine!) and I don’t qualify. While I would be happy to pay for an UPGRADE I think it’s a bit rich that Steinberg (Yamaha) should feel the need to put genuine users off side with this cheap trick.

To the OP,

please check the Shop site again. Some upgrades are available as a box or as a download, but you have to choose which one you want, the shop is not smart enough to read your thoughts and know that you wanted a box when you actually checked the download option.

On the other hand, most of the updates are available only as a download, e.g. the update from C7 to C7.5 or the update from CA7 to CA7.5. If this is the case, the “boxed version” option will be grayed out, so no need to feel cheated, you just need to look closely at what you are buying before paying!

Regards

I did always think it strange that download only purchases boast “Free Shipping” and during the checkout ask for a “Shipping Address”. That may have attributed to the confusion.
J.L.

Hi all,

The Cubase 7 to 7.5 update is available from Steinberg dealers worldwide as a boxed version and in the Steinberg Online Shop as a download Version (only). While the boxed update includes 3.5 GB content and requires about 500 MB application installer download, the download update version available through the Steinberg Online Shop requires the download of the content as well as the application installer (4 GB download). The Cubase Artist 7.5 update is available through the Steinberg Online Shop as a 4 GB download only.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Helge

I only have 1 thing in my mind right now: First World Problems…

People moan about not being able to download it, people moan about not being able to use it, people moan about the slow download speeds, people moan about the site being slow on release day, etc etc etc.

And now, seriously, they moan about a downloaded product instead of a boxed product, because Christmas… You gotta be kidding me…

Everytime I think: I’ve seen it all, someone is able to surprise me again :slight_smile:

Yes, Max. People moan really because they realise they haven’t the brains to use Cubase or a computer so they lock themselves in the forum hoping that someone important will take pity on them and will actually listen to their drivelling. :mrgreen: Misery likes company so you’ll find little gangs grizzling away.
Sometimes they run out of things to moan about so they make it up. Funny. :laughing:

I don’t want to make fun of them of call them names. But I did want to express my feelings towards all these ‘hate posts’ here…

Be happy with what you have and get real please… Steinberg is not a company only… there are actually people working there… People on internet seem to forget that…