Cubase 7.5 Download / Box / Online Store

I agree… But please tell me why when I was installing Cubase 7 update from disk that it booted up my windows explorer. The message stated that I have to be connected to the Internet in order to complete the installation of the update. Certain components were updated but Cubase 7 will not be installed.

Thanks… Yea… I’m a dummy for that but the new features look really good and enticing that I just had to do it. I bought the Cubase 7.0 at the end of October with the plan of doing a major update to my DAW in January… Then Steinberg came out with the 7.5 update and I could wait to install… To I many new shiny toys to resist…

+1

Cubase is my fav DAW, but their dongle scheme is scary as all hell (at least from working professional’s perspective).

The dongle scheme is dead simple - you can´t blame it for users that don´t seem know what they´re doing. Unfortunately it´s mostly them who scream the loudest…

Nice jab… I scream out in frustration and hyperness in my bid to get my Cubase 6.5 working as soon as possible. Haste makes waste and I reached out to the community to help and listen to me whine… And many have responded in a nice way to help out and suggested solutions. This is not one.
I’ve been a Cubase user since Cubase 5 VST/32 with the old printer dongle… Please… This is why I stopped coming to these boards years and years ago… As for the person that’s scared… Don’t be… This is the first time I had an issues with the dongle and yes, it could be the user… Me.

It’s quite simple, really. You have software on your unconnected computer (eLicenser) that checks a dongle for holding a license for another software (Cubase). Now you update Cubase - and therefor change the license on the dongle. eLicenser cannot know about the new version, so doesn’t recognize your new license as valid anymore, even for the older version. Ergo: always keep eLicenser updated…

Cubase is my fav DAW, but their dongle scheme is scary as all hell (at least from working professional’s perspective).

Give three guesses as to who has been designing and using Cubase since the stone age.
But they never mention “***king ****essionals” in their posts… :mrgreen:

Buchanan - er I have an education which I am proud of. I do have a new PC. It isn’t going under the tree. I decided a 3d TV is now more productive than some of the rubbish sprouted on this forum just because you have a problem you are called a troll.

At least I know my A major from b minor! :ugeek:

You are not called a troll because you have a problem with Cubase… Other, more serious, problems might fit the bill though. :laughing:

Yep… the simple task of downloading, transferring the eLicense to a USB stick, then loading it on my desktop DAW, then installing it worked… My Cubase 6.5 works. Now still trying to download Cubase 7.5… this is my fourth try and still can’t complete the download. … Thanks,

I’ve been using Cubase and visiting the forums long enough (12+ years) to witness that dongle/registration problems pop up on a regular basis. Clearly it’s not that “simple” for everyone.

Glad the OP finally got his 6.5 copy back. Would hate to go through that!

Now I can’t even download the damn 7.5 update. Every time there’s an interruption in the download and I try to resume the down load I get a message that “The requested URL was not found on this server”. What the heck…

You can try some download manager for Mac OSX, like iGetter or Folx

Not knowing how things work doesn’t make them less simple - I never said there were no problems. But Steinberg does mention to keep your eLicenser updated.

No. I tried downloading the DVD 1 file (7GB ISO Image) six times without success (the download reaches 70% and then stops). Now I’m on the seventh attempt. My maximum download speed is 70 Mbps and at the seventh attempt the file is downloading at 4.5 MB/s. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Latest information: the download is interrupted again. Congratulations to Steinberg! I hate Cubase 7.5 even before installing.

Thanks for the info. Downloading the update again using iGetter right now since my last attempt was interrupted. It seems that Steinberg has the download URL as temporary and protected so that you can not resume a download if it is interrupted. You have to start the whole thing over. Not cool at all… This is now my fifth attempt…

I feel your pain dude. I really do. I hope that Steinberg does something about this. My download speeds are between 250 kb/s and 325 kb/s. Says it will take about 6 hours to download. Like you, I get about 70% downloaded and it stops. I can’t even load the Cubase 7.0 version that I ordered on a disk because it wants my non-internet DAW to connect to the net to download the file. WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE DISK!!! Thats why I ordered the hard copy instead downloading it when I purchased the dang thang…

Slow download speeds of new software can be just overloaded bandwidth the more people download. Regular stopping of download at a common point (here ’ 70%) usually also points to something on the receiving end blocking. Without knowing what your ISPs allow the most common failure can be caused by firewall software. Try turning that off if you haven’t already done so.
Geeker, I’ll have to read the instructions again myself but isn’t the download for the disk versions the installer only and not the whole program?
On new Cubase versions previously it was not uncommon for me to have to wait a couple of days for the rush to die down before download speed returned to sanity.
Download the installer onto your internet machine and then onto pendrive then install on the Cubase rig.

Thanks for the reply… I bought the Cubase 7.0 update on disk. The update program should have been on the disk just like when I bought the Cubase 6.0 update on disk. The installer and software was on the disk. I bought 5.0 FULL on disk. I’ve always have downloaded the updates on my internet machine and transfer them over using a USB stick. Just like when I find some cool freeware or paid plugins. Download it to this machine and transfer over using a USB drive. Now I am on my sixth attempt to download the software in three days.

iGetter will not let me resume the download either. It has a lot to do with the way Steinberg has their download servers setup…