[Resolved]Halion 5 content all gone

I have windows, no symbolic link.

I’m sure you’ve tried this, but it’s not just the Reset Filter button that needs clicking is it? [<<]

no, because the only choices for content are the 4 HS2-SE content headers. You can’t reset it to “all”. That’s actually the problem. Look at the first picture I posted. That is where you select the top level filter. A very weird oddity in H5 and HS now.

Apologies but your post of Oct 17th suggested otherwise.

Re: How to move your HALion content.

Postby JMCecil » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 pm

I have mine set up with the symlink. You have to move the entire folder tree so that when you link the only folder with that name is the symlink folder. It works perfect here. I think you needed to move one folder down. and put the symlink there with the name of the folder you moved.

oh you mean my content symlink that I made. Yes MINE are fine. I thought you meant the installer was creating one.

Again, H5 still loads the content just fine if I do it from Media Bay. It’s just the H5 browser that doesn’t have the high level filters.

Again apologies, should have understood the problem better.
Indeed its an odd one. Checked mine and its fine.

No problems man, anything that might lead to a solution is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to consider the problem.

Dear JMCecil,

This issue is related to the installation.
You can choose between “install for all users” and single user installation during the installation process.
I think you did the installation for Halion 5 for “all” users but didn`t do that for Cubase.
Depending on which installation procedure you have choosen, the content will be saved in differen locations.

Please have a look at these directories:

C:\Users(NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion\LibraryInfo

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\HALion\LibraryInfo

Please make sure that you got in both folders the same content.
Please keep in mind that booth directories are hidden.

:question: How to see hidden files:

cheers,

Jan

thanks, I’ll take a look. Will simply moving the content solve the problem or is there registry entry issues to resolve?

Hi JMCecil,

I do not think that you have to work your way through the registry.
Moving the content should do the job.

cheers,

Jan

Thanks Jan!, it helped in my case. But all this brings me to question. is there any possibility to have simply dedicated sample drive. Right now is that data of one program is scattered thru all system and really hard tgo keep track on things. Point is, when system disk dies or I need to do clean install I have all sample settind safely on different disk.

Yep, that did the trick. I’m a bit surprised as I re-installed the HS2 data with the “all users” checkbox. But, anyhow copying the pngs has indeed brought my library filters back to life. Thank you.

Great thread!

Tanx guys. (as a mac user I love learning PC stuff)
{‘-’}

i question this too… i prefer to have all my samples and libraries in a separate HD/Partition other than C:, i can’t see or i dont know how to do it with steinbergs stuff that comes with cubase installation and H5 content !
is there a way doing so ?
Thanks in advance.

Just to be clear, you can have a separate drive for the content. The files being affected here are just a few image files that are used to view the filter headers. None of the content is affected by this. All of my content is on a separate drive d:\steinberg.…

All of my content is on a separate drive d:\steinberg.…

how to reference HSSE GASE H5 to other location ? its in the vsti gui somewhere or they reference automatically ?

Some of them let you choose where to install, others I manually moved and symlinked.

silly me i just checked it and my H5 content is already in separate HD :unamused:

i want to move HSSE GA1 GASE content…

others I manually moved and symlinked

what is symlink, and how to do it ?

Play with it with some dummy directories until you understand how the directories are being linked.

Somehow, my content icons got messed up also. Not sure how but I was not seeing any at first, then after fiddling around with reinstalling Absolute content installers, Halion installers, and Cubase installer, deleting preference folders for Halion, Halion SOnic, Cubase, etc., still will little luck (I was able to get the HSSE Cubase factory content icons to show up) I found this thread. It wasn’t very helpful at first because when I went to the folders described, I DID NOT HAVE any icons in the LibraryInfo folders (not sure why). But then after some more fiddling and reinstalling (paying close attention to the “intall for all users…” options, etc., finally then icons all showed up in my …Users… LibraryInfo folder and after I copied them to the Program Data…LibraryInfo folder everything is back to normal.

This is probably the most, or one of the most, annoying and elusive problems I have encountered with my Steinberg collection of products to date. I spent about 12 hours trying to fix it due to the length of time reinstalling different products took (most of the time with no success).

I really hope H6 and HS3 will be better at preventing this kind of problem and/or making it easier to resolve.