APPEAL: C7.X Pro Composers: Voice Your Opinion here![POLL]

The -broad- generalisation I seem to see from what I’ve read here over the years is this:

It -seems- like ‘recording engineers’ (people who work primarily with pre-recorded audio) like the direction of Cubase more than people like me who are ‘composers’ or ‘orchestrators’ (people who create structures from the ground up -inside- Cubase.) The vast majority of improvements seem to be for people who are taking a ‘song’ or big sections of content and then massaging it into shape. More of a traditional engineer or producer.

But for -me- who -composes- in Cubase and want to very quickly try ideas, jettison them; edit the -structure- itself, the more features Cubase adds, the -slower- the workflow the basic operations of ‘ranges’ and ‘windows’ and ‘key commands’ have not really been improved in a decade. A decade. You might argue ‘Mediabay’ and ‘Presets’ are big changes, but to that I would say: those were actually steps -backwards-. Call me old, but I -still- prefer FXPs. And I just want the options to load and save files where -I- want to… not in some ‘cloud’ like Mediabay. I want to -know- where everything is.