THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

Guys, I hear what youā€™re saying, but come on, let Freddie be Freddie. Of course Cubase has bugs, of course it isnā€™t perfect, of course there are people who are dealing with issues, just like any major software! Iā€™ve criticized Steinberg my fair share in due course.

But to give Freddie a hard time when all heā€™s doing (in my view) is expressing his enthusiasm, just seems a bit glum, as I implied before. Just let him do what he does. Frankly, I enjoy reading his posts from time to time, and I think heā€™s generally more like a Steinberg cheerleader. So what? We could use that around here!

When we need a serious thread, we can start (yet another) serious thread. Thereā€™s plenty to be serious about. But letā€™s give the guy some space.

And who cares if heā€™s shouting with caps and fonts and smilies? He rarely says anything directly offensive, and if he does, itā€™s generally well-meaning from what I have seen. We actually need more people like Freddie in the world. And besides, those font/smilie options are sitting right there in the forum interface, and if you find it a breach of netiquette, just ignore him.

And finally, no one is saying that serious people and serious threads are wrong or not needed. I have had my share of problems with Steinberg over the years, and I will join the occasional angry threads if I think it will help. But this thread and other similar Freddie threads are just generally intended to be light-hearted, positive testimonial and opinion in my view, as are most of Freddieā€™s posts as far as I can see. Heā€™s human too, so Iā€™m sure he crosses a line sometimes, but generally, I find his posts positive and good-natured.

My two bits only. I have no beef with any of you. I also donā€™t know Freddie personally, although I remember him from the Cakewalk forum, and he was a positive upbeat guy there too for the most part. And I definitely agree with the sentiment of the OP. Cubase is indeed amazing. Perfect? No, of course not! Amazing? You bet. Letā€™s take a moment every once in a while to get some perspective. Granted, Freddie takes more than ā€œjust a momentā€ expressing his enthusiasm, but so what? Iā€™ve been around DAWs (and just before DAWs) long enough and can appreciate the golden age of awesomeness weā€™re in right now, and frankly, I can use a dose of enthusiasm to remind me.