Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

BTW, as as interesting side note about the new Mac Pro being used in the industry by actual pros, I just talked to my friend who runs a video production facility (they do video, film and compositing/post production) and they are ordering a bunch of new Mac Pros right now. I do work for them as audio post production with Pro Tools, and some sound design and music with Cubase. And bear in mind this is one of the guys I mentioned in the past that HATES what Apple has done, dumped Final Cut, and was planning on moving to Windows. Nope. He’s still staying with Apple! And lots of them. Mac Pros are here to stay folks. Despite Apple’s handling of pros recently. I was very surprised he’s jumping into the new waters so soon, but there it is. I was almost sure he’d be moving to Windows by now, at least for compositing. Nope. And I’m not sure Adobe is even ready for the new Mac Pros yet! And still, he’s ordering them. Now this is for video/film of course, so this doesn’t directly apply to us since the new Mac Pros are not really designed for audio. However, it does just go to show what type of grip Apple has on certain segments of the pro market, even for those who have been angry with Apple like my friend. As for me, I’m still in the process of migrating to Apple, in part because of pressure from clients like him – it just makes the whole workflow more seamless for everyone in the pipeline of his productions – and every last one of us uses Macs, despite many grumblings. I, for one, am happy with the transition, but as I mentioned, keep Windows machines on hand in case I need them. The main thing is to try to be as platform agnostic as possible, so I can be flexible. What really matters is getting the job done and paying the bills, folks. :slight_smile: I couldn’t care less about a silly Mac/Windows fanboyism on either side.