c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Rock solid here too, despite Win 8.1 not being officially supported by Steinberg (works great, don’t be afraid to take the plunge.)

Still rock solid here
With other versions of Cubase ive always had problems with recording 8 tracks of external instruments simultaneously but not with c7.5 recording an 8 track patch of Doepfer is a breeze now ,so it’s not only the setup ive been using in my OP but it’s also very stable for me as a living recording multitrack for the first time since sx3 :wink:

Plasuma, I deleted your posts, evidently posted to disrupt the thread.
You can post your points in a proper thread in the issues forum or in another thread dealing with problems the users are facing. You actually posted the same exact things elsewhere.

Thanks.

Alright, but then where should I be posting those sorts of things?

I’m here to make a point, not make a stink.

Hello,

you can post in the Issues Forum.

If you have any threads that we might have missed, feel free to let me know via PM.

Cheers,

True, SX and Nuendo are based on Cubase for SGI IRIX that was shipped in 1997 and then ported to the Mac and a little later the PC (around 2000).

Let me reword this quote as i fear certain people may try to derail this thread .

What i actually meant is the brand “Cubase” being nearly 30 years old , i know nothing about code writing and nor do i wish to ,all i know is the basic functions of Cubase are still there , the original idea of a midi sequencer is still there and has been built on in a remarkable way ,that’s what i really mean’t .

I spent another 14 hours without rebooting my machine in c7 and Halion yesterday , no devices went to sleep, i had one crash dump in Halion because i was trying some obscure setting but it didn’t crash it carried on working and also still no crash on exit all because of setting the compatibility mode to “vista” .

lovely jubbly !!! :wink:

So Cubase actually exists for Silicon Graphics systems?

True dat!
I remember going to the Cubase or Steinberg store/office (or what ever it was called back then)
in Toronto in the late 1990’s and seeing a version Cubase running on a SGI machine.

Back then I was using an Apple 12 inch colour monitor and seeing Cubase
on a big huge screen (probably 21 inch ha!) was just amazing.

{‘-’}

I had no idea Cubase’ heritage was on a UNIX system!

The things you learn…

+1

Amazing, what can I say…since I have converted to Steinberg from C-LAB (Atari days) and Emagic till the last version before Apple took over. I’m mostly a Nuendo+NEK user, but I use Cubase in-between version upgrades, always greedy for new features. I really like this thread in that despite others complaining over issues they have, this thread is appreciating the relentless efforts Steinberg is making to not only stay on top, but also to offer us (professional or hobbyist) with the best they possibly can, sometimes even owning up to their shortcomings.

Great job, Steinberg.

hi

can you guys run 50 more tracks @ 88.2 without dropouts ?

The most stable Cubase I’ve had in years. I’m quite happy.

How stable is it? Really stable when you consider what it has to contend with.

Stable doesn’t have to (and can never) mean “perfect.” No DAW or any software is 100% free of bugs even when it controls 100% of the code. Cubase has to host all our beloved 3rd party plugins, from all parts of the globe, from all manner of software developers with their own level of expertise, skill and ways of coding. With multiple formats of those plugins, no less. In dual platform, no less. We won’t even mention audio interfaces, drivers, or the OS and its layers, itself.

No technology service guarantees 100% up-time. Not even Tier 1 technology providers that get to enjoy multiple levels of redundancy, that a single computer does not.

Even the hardware is not 100% crash-free at a quantum physics level. Naturally occurring radiation and cosmic rays will statistically crash a computer with non error-correcting ram as much as once per month, per gigabyte (if left on).

For our modern computers, which many of us leave on for days at a time, with our non-server-grade, non-error-correcting memory (just about all of us here), this would translate into 32 times a month (for a system with 32 gigabytes), or about once a day, that we could statistically expect the computer to potentially crash, regardless of software (“potentially,” because not all ram errors would result in a crash, but many do).

I’ve even had hardware sequencers lockup and require a power cycle.

A DAW would certainly be in a top ten list of the most sophisticated desktop software products created by humans. I put it at the top of that list, due to how many 3rd party programs it hosts and the real-time, latency-oriented nature of it.

So, yes, Cubase is pretty darn rock solid from where I sit. I’m in awe at how many plugins it juggles and how little it crashes.

iTunes crashes more than Cubase for me. Which gets funnier the more you think about it.

+1 Jalcide ^^^^^^

spot on :wink:

Well said, as an +25 years senior IT guy I can confirm this. Man I even had Microsoft product running services for thousands of users that crashed daily, I’ve worked with MPEiX/MPeV/VaxVms/OpenVMS/HP-ux/SCO-UX/AS400 etc etc and these conditions applied for ech and every one…

+1 I just updated and no issues, all my 7.0.6 projects load up. Feels rock solid on osx 10.9. Happy to spend the money… From the installation process to the first feel with no issues…can’t say enough good things about 7.5 they thought of everything. Amazing application :smiley: I always had confidence in Steinberg and Yamaha. Thank you.

Are there any Virus Ti crashes in 7.5? I started having project loading crashes while using 7.0.6 and Virus Ti2. Went back to 7.0.5 and problems went away.

Hello,

issues with the Ti are being discussed here: Computer für Audioanwendungen - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums

Access delivered a fix to the users contacting them.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Virus Ti stable here in 7.5 !