How to see value of selected automation point in C7.5?

In Cubase 7.5 when I select an automation point in an automation lane, a little tooltip pops up that tells me the current position and value of the point at the moment I picked it up. But if I move the point around, the tooltip doesn’t update- so I sometimes don’t know where to position the point.

The lane header has a little edit control that seems to indicate the current value of the automation parameter at the current point on the timeline (but not the selected point). You can actually type a new value in here- and I did this hoping it would let me manually specify a value for the currently selected point, but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

So, two questions, I guess:

1. Was it always like this? I thought I remembered being able to see the current value of the selected automation point in the tooltip, which helped me position the points. Am I thinking of a different DAW?

2. Are there ways to A) manually specify a selected point’s value or B) see what the value of the currently selected point is?

I’m stumped.

I can’t remember :wink:

1. Are there ways to A) manually specify a selected point’s value or B) see what the value of the currently selected point is?

In the Info Line.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed. Helped me pinpoint some problems I was hearing.